Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

powerfix socket set in Lidl

• 25-11-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

HI

Not sure if this is in the right location, but I am looking to buy a set of sockets and see Lidl have a 92 piece set for €50.

They are Powerfix brand...and seem decent...I need them for auto work.

Have people tried these before and are they any good?

Let me know if you have.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

0823565bzv6.jpg

No idea if they're made or cheese of anything. Probably of same quality you'd buy in Homebase etc.
    Might grab this one....has a few deep sockets that would come in handy for the car.

Hard to tell if the bits there are torx or allen key type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I have a set of those and I use them on motorcycles with no problem at all. A good buy if you're on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

The_Edge wrote: »
    0823565bzv6.jpg

No idea if they're made or cheese of anything. Probably of same quality you'd buy in Homebase etc.
    Might grab this one....has a few deep sockets that would come in handy for the car.

Hard to tell if the bits there are torx or allen key type

Thanks for the reply. There are a mix of torx and allen key bits (I opened a box in Lidl yesterday.)

I really just want the sockets as I have enough of all the other bits, But the sets always fill up space with these extras.

Think I will go with them anyway....They are probably as good as anything you would get in a motor factors?

Ah, if they're Torx I'll get the aul Hen to pick one up today so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Got these about 5/6 months ago when they had them last. Have had no problems with them despite giving them mucho hardship. In fact two of the mechanic/fitters in work said they were going to get a set of them, so that can't be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

All the Lidl/Aldi tools meet German standards. They're as good as most stuff you'd buy and better then some.

Anyone know of any of the Dublin stores still have any in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

they are not knuckle scrapers for sure

Well picked these up this evening.....They look good enough......I can try them out at the weekend replacing the cracked manifold on the car:D

Where did you pick them up?

• Advertisement

The_Edge wrote: »
    Where did you pick them up?

One of the Lidls in Galway city.....loads of them there. Think every one must have a set of sockets at this stage!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I picked up a set last year, great bit of kit for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nickhimself

Seems like they are back, 61 piece set for 20e. Powerfix brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Holy thread revival batman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

11214 wrote: »
    Holy thread revival batman!

9 years old. Gotta be a record.

How hard would it be to auto-expire threads that have no posts on them after a month or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 podger79

I'd like to know are the 8 year old tools still working well

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Yep I have a set ,still going strong. Even buried under a bale of hay for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

podger79 wrote: »
    I'd like to know are the 8 year old tools still working well

Usually depends on the operator.

Advertisement