Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2009

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

jiggajt wrote: »
    SF are running Kathleen Funchion as far as i know.

not in the city, shes runnin in callan

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Oh im suprised at that. I thought she was in the city.

As to what i think of the candidates I cant say i know a huge ammount about them personally. As far as local issues are concerned i'd be pro finishing the ring road and anti IRR and for promoting Kilkenny for a branch of the university of the south east if it goes ahead. Whoever fits that manifesto and has a record of keeping their promises would get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

wel im pro CAS as it includes the finishing of the ring road effectively when u take the north bridge into account. overall the CAS takes traffic away from the city via the IRR, and makes it easier for traffic which has to go through town thus easing the flow of traffic, it also does not damage any mediaeval heritage which we have. If you want to talk further or have any questions about this please email me on murphy.darren@live.ie

as for the university, well if a university is to go in the south east, it will go to waterford, kilkenny might get another outreach centre out of it. but i am proposing we look into an institute of technology in the city. we have little chance of getting a university, but we do have a chance of getting an IT should waterford gain uni status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

i think the IRR is off the cards until the brewery site is vacated. there is also the certain matter of short fall in revenue.
    heritage considerations form no part of my objection to the current IRR. Kilkenny was built in phases, the times we live are another phase.
    the completion of the ring road would allow a one way system on Greensbridge and Johnsbridge.
    Greensbridge is a death trap, of that i can attest.
    one way system would allow safe cycle lanes to be instated, allowing school goers the safe option and thus cutting down on rush hour traffic.
    Kilkenny is not a big place, nowhere within the ringroad is more than ten minute on bicycle to the Townhall. (except maybe Glendine area).

unemployment is the big story next year. i haven't seen the jobs section in the KP this small since 1989 when there was 18% unemployment.

because i talk about bicycle lanes does not mean i follow the Greens. They didn't opposed the taxpayer sponsered sub-prime lending scam that is Homechoice loans. Homechoice is available for purchasing of new builds so only the developers benefits at the expense of the taxpayer.
    if that's the type of government that the greens agree to, then which vested interests are they helping out.
    i hope the parade is finished by march, by then we'll have a second emergency budget and when the full extent of how fubared public finances is known, we'll have a nice public place with historic resonance to reintroduce public executions.
    i know plenty of trades people with spare time who can throw together a good gallows.
    and in case anyone thinks the gov can borrow their way out of this, because of the emergency financial act the interest on borrowing is much greater than everyother EU memberstate by a long distance because the bad debts of the banks (all those empty houses) have been assumed by the state.
    as far anyone entering political life for the first time, be careful what you wish for.

Advertisement