Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to contact eircom since 10.15 - 25-11-08

Options
  • 25-11-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I've been Trying to contact eircom since 10.15 - 25-11-08

01 889 1100/ 1800 200 481 are no longer in use
    1530 272 100/ 1901 won't let me call them

1890 260 260 has been constantly busy I'm not even put into the que

1800 203 204 doesn't exist thats the sales line the site gives.

Does anyone have a working contact Number for eircom

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

from an eircom landline 1901
    Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 8:00pm

Saturday: 9:00am to 6:00pm

Sunday: Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shrtdrk

thanks

been there done that its just not happening. Are their lines down?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

shrtdrk wrote: »
    thanks

Just dialled it and got that lovely recorded guy telling me thank you for calling eircom. (I want to kill whoever designed that btw). So its working. And hint: always ask for sales, it skips a lot of the irritating filtering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anybody know an Email address for their Customer Service?. I need to talk about future plans for Broadbaan on our exchange ,or the lack of same, but nobody in Sales will discuss it and none of the other options (when I eventually get through) deal with it. Their Web Site does not appear to have an Email contact.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shrtdrk, is it perhaps your phone?

• Advertisement

Srameen: Anybody know an Email address for their Customer Service?." Try Customer Care Management<ccm@eircom.ie> I got somefeed back from this one. good luck

Cabaal: most likely I was using a voip phone (skype) I later tried via mobile. I was taken around and around the electronic mulberry bush many times with the 1901 before being given the 1800 601 701 - business call centre again. "Around and around the ........"Each time I got to a real person they forwarded me to another department or gave me a new number.
    I think I've gotten somewhere now. :D Pop! goes the weasel.

Thanks all

alot of those numbers will not work on skype so that explains that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redelephant

Complaining to Eircom about your phone exchange not being broadband enabled is a waste of time IMO. Sales staff are not interested and seemed to pick random dates for when it would be done everytime I rang. I wrote to the CEO of Eircom and contacted all local TDs, neighbour did a petition and sent it to them. We still waited more than 2 years after the broadband cables were laid in town. That was after waiting 6 months to be able to get a landline in the estate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

shrtdrk wrote: »
    thanks

one of their generators blew up today, all phone and power to customers services was effected - i think it is working now

....Pink fluffy bunny.....one of their generators blew up today.......... wow now that sound like an over suscribed service, a high contention rate.

Here in wexford we have a an Optic Fiber Network. Few have access to it as the costs to connect are prohibitive (around €12500+) for small business and households. The local enterprise board and Borough Council are in negotiations with eNET to make it more accessible.

Srameen the Enterprise board, Area Partnerships or business concerns, chamber of commerce, etc might be pursuing avenues too, every voice adds to the lobbying strength.

Cabaal: 'alot of those numbers will not work on skype so that explains that.'
    How is the Blue face record on such numbers? 1890...., 1800...., etc.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Think yourself lucky!, have you ever tried to contact UPC/Chorus!!!!.............forget it, even by email. :D

No . I got stung by NTL years ago. Now' there a crowd you shouldn't have a direct debit with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Oryx wrote: »
    Just dialled it and got that lovely recorded guy telling me thank you for calling eircom. (I want to kill whoever designed that btw). So its working. And hint: always ask for sales, it skips a lot of the irritating filtering.

No, just say "agent" at the voice prompt and it will put you through to a real person!

Advertisement