Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lets have some fun with this spam emailer ...

• 25-11-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

I got the email below a few days ago. The guy is a well known spammer.

I was thinking it might be interesting if a lot of people replied to him saying they were interested in his proposal (please do not use your real email to do this ... set up a crappy hotmail account or something for all communication with him). Ask him a few questions like has he sent this email to anyone else, how did he get your email address, why did he pick "your country", what country does he think you are in, etc etc etc.

Its a bit of fun stringing these guys along for a while.

Two toy show tickets for the person who can string Williams along for the longest time!!! *

* there are no toy show tickets

Sent: Sun 11/23/08 3:05 PM
    To: willyamani11@yahoo.fr
    From Williams Amani/Appeal for Assistance.

Dearest,

Greetings, I’m Williams Amani from Sierra Leone.

I’m writing you from Rep of Cote d'Ivoire where I have been taking refuge after the brutal war and Murder of my parents by the rebels during the renewed Fighting in my country Sierra Leone. Because of the war my late Father sold his shipping company and took me to a nearby country Cote d'Ivoire where he deposited US$18, 300,000.00 Million(Eighteen Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) in his foreign account with one of the bank here in Cote d'Ivoire.

Please, I have prayed before contacting you with the trust that you will be a help to me with the current political situation in Ivory Coast now, I’m seeking for your assistance to transfer this Money to your account for a good investment Project in your country and also relocate to your country to further my study. I’m willing to offer you 20% of the total sum for your assistance.

Please for your good information this transaction Is 100% risk free and prove in no way connected with any illegal transaction, Please Help me to get out of this terrible situation and as soon as you receive this mail Please kindly call me +22547434107 and contact me (willyamani11@yahoo.fr) for more details (is very important) The bank here is ready to transfer the money to your account.

Best Regards,
    +22547434107
    Williams Amani

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

You ought to help him. That sounds like a serious situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think you'll find he probably prayed over the names of the survivors of 9/11 and God revealed your name to him.

Thats what I heard anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

That sounds like a job for 419eater.com:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

To really annoy him go along with the email then pretend to forward it to your mate in quotes and underneath something like "What an idiot. I'm going to pretend to go along with this. As soon as he forwards the money I'm gonna take it all and disappear. I can't believe how easy it is to scam someone out of their money. He he he.

But Accidentally send it to him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

ShooterSF wrote: »
    To really annoy him go along with the email then pretend to forward it to your mate in quotes and underneath something like "What an idiot. I'm going to pretend to go along with this. As soon as he forwards the money I'm gonna take it all and disappear. I can't believe how easy it is to scam someone out of their money. He he he.

But Accidentally send it to him :)

Hahaha ... good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Might email him and ask him to come over here and be my man slave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

419eater always says the main part of the game is to waste time and irritate the scammer. act dumb, rich and willing to go along with his plan. throw in a few curveballs but keep him on the line.

watch them forget their fake name and made up cover story and then beg you for money. i have about three on the go at the mintute.
    then i sometimes when i get a spam email i will say something like 'please pass this mail to my associates' and then copy another spammers email address. has them going in circles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a trick! He's in league with the spammer, he's trying to get you to give the spammer your email address. Don't trust internet people, they lie, they lied it all to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Sent him a nice email just now....

"Hello good sir,

I have heard about your problem in Cote d'Ivoir, but fret no more...I am here to help you.

I have recently started up my own business which has made me a lot of money. Therefore, I do not require your offer of money but I will of course help you in any way that I can. So please reply soon and with the help of dearest almighty Allah i will do my best to help you"

....this is gonna be high-larious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

$18,300,000.00 The things i could buy with that money...:rolleyes:

Ah damn, I didn't see that its only a fraction of the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Please for your good information this transaction Is 100% risk free and prove in no way connected with any illegal transaction

Hmmm, this guy seems to be very honest. I think I'll help him out.

Where did I leave my Bank of Slartibartfast cheque-book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Tell him your willing to help but have your own financial problems and could he see his way to making it 25%, when he agrees up it again and see how far you can get him to go before he realises you are winding him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Oh, nd b sure to only use txtspk wen u tlk 2 him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Mail him back saying;

"What a coincidence, I am moving to the Ivory Coast to seek refuge from the civil war in Ireland. I have been looking for a kind honest gentleman living there with an active bank account so I can transfer the money gained from selling my leprechaun race track business."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

this photo sums up the fun you can have with a scammer. 419eater at its very best
    http://www.419eater.com/images/patrick.jpg

and this photo should show how hungry these scammers are for money, they will do anything for a (non-existant) buck
    http://www.419eater.com/images/tope3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

this photo sums up the fun you can have with a scammer. 419eater at its very best
    http://www.419eater.com/images/patrick.jpg

and this photo should show how hungry these scammers are for money, they will do anything for a (non-existant) buck
    http://www.419eater.com/images/tope3.jpg

ye they'll even wear a celtic top:D

Advertisement