Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine for Wedding

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi Folks,

I am getting married in few months so im on the look out to purchase a good wine for as little as possible!! hopeing to find something around €6/7 mark.... does anyone have any suggestions on a good wine, or where i should start looking? :o

Thanks in advance!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

For that budget, a Ferry to France might be the solution. Make a holiday of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Teachnua wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am getting married in few months so im on the look out to purchase a good wine for as little as possible!! hopeing to find something around €6/7 mark.... does anyone have any suggestions on a good wine, or where i should start looking? :o

Thanks in advance!!

A red and a white?
    At that price you will be really looking at New World. Most likely Chile or Argentina if you are to buy here.

Personal Recommendations:
    White: Clava Sauvignon Blanc, Norton Sauvignon Blanc, Andes Peak Chardonnay or Sauvignon.

Red: Andes Peak Syrah (really good), Adobe Carmenere, McGuigan Black Label Shiraz.

If you are buying for a wedding you'll probably be buying a fair few cases yes? Call into one of the bigger offo chains and they will usually do you a discount on that many bottles.
    So you could feasibly get between 8 and 10 euro bottles of wine within your price range. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

if you are near the ferry to france / and can negotiate a good corkage rate I would recommend France ....its a great pre-wedding break too I went end of sept ..car + trailer + 4 people + mobile hoem for 1 week = 800 all in.....i did it and saved a packet....and had wine that everyone talked about ( in a good way).....if not you could always keep an eye out for 25% off in Tesco / dunnes etc I got 3 bottles of S.A. red in tesco for 18 and then 25% back on club card ....wine was nice and only 4.50 a bottle.

Failing that ring a wine merchant in your area and play hardball they are hardly very busy in the curretn climate and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Simply the best wine around for the price, especially the white. Around 7.50 euro.

Advertisement