Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Wicklow spins - anyone?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Howdy,

I go on 50-70km cycles (roughly once a week) around the Glendalough/Laragh/Roundwood/Glenmalure/Arklow/Brittas Bay areas, etc - sometimes with a friend, sometimes not.

I'm looking for a few other interested people to go cycling with - anyone interested? My goal is to increase fitness and endurance, and then enter more events like the Wicklow 200, etc. It's more fun and motivating with others though!

I usually start in the Wicklow Town area - but this isn't a hard requirement ;) ... Let me know!

Thanks,
    credmond

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

type "saturday spin" into the search bar and you will be pleasantly surprised :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    type "saturday spin" into the search bar and you will be pleasantly surprised :D

They don't start in Wicklow Town though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 credmond

Raam wrote: »

Yeah, I'm just looking for a couple of people or so from this area (roughly) who might be in a similar situation (i.e., don't have enough friends who are into cycling!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

have you tried getting in touch with the Wicklow Tri Club, http://www.wicklowtri.com/index.php. They run regular weekend spins out of Ashford.They cater for low , medium and high intensity spins.
    Or as an alternative, most Bray Wheelers spins go through Ashford at @10:20 - 10:30 on both Saturday and Sunday, just tag along with them and introduce yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam wrote: »

Smartass, ok you are right there, I never knew they were that far from each other. Still, its only 30km to enniskerry, he could either cycle or drive up and meet us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement