Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Planning Applications thread

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

MOD NOTE: On the suggestion of Hill Billy (thanks our!) this thread will the place for discussion of planning applications in North County Dublin. So in future can we post them here and keep them altogether? Thanks folks.

This looks like it could be a welcome addition to the town if it get planning permission on the corner of Quay Street and Bridge Street where Dunnes flower shop used to be many years ago, a very good location.

The town is seriously lacking a few more decent places to stop for a nice cuppa that isn't a greasy pit stop. Balcony over the Bracken similar to The Central could be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

jaysus,molly duffy will turn in her grave.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Some where for a nice cuppa and slice of cake,that is open after 7 would be brilliant:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Just what the town ordered, a new planning application for 500+ 'dwellings' :rolleyes:
    A ten year planning permission to construct a development incorporating 532 no. dwellings, the Balbriggan C-Ring Road and boulevard, a major regional Class 1 public park and an urban square/civic space. The proposed development is located within the northern area of the Balbriggan Local Area Plan (LAP) lands. The site is 29.095 hectares. This development represents Phase 2 of the development of the Balbriggan LAP lands (Phase 1 - Reg. Ref. F07A/1249). The proposed development comprises 532 no. dwelling units within seven distinct character areas over 5 sectors as defined by the Balbriggan LAP. The proposed development ranges in height between 2, 3 and 4 storeys and will comprise: 281 no. houses and 251 no. apartments. All ground floor apartments have private terraces; all upper level dwelling units have private balconies and all houses have private rear gardens, some with detached garages. A crèche facility (332 sq.m.) is proposed within Sector 6. It is proposed to construct the Boulevard and C Ring routes to connect Bridgefoot Road with Flemington lane (with 100% offset against development contributions). New vehicular and pedestrian entrances to serve the development from Flemington Lane to the north and Hamlet Lane to the east are proposed. Foul sewer capacity constraints within the Balbriggan area are considered and therefore all development proposed will be subject to phasing in line with ongoing Fingal County Council upgrade works. The urban square/civic space is formed by a series of mixed use buildings including: a two storey exhibition hall 0 Class 10 (420 sq.m.); an indoor sports/recreation hall - Class 11 (1112 sq.m.); 3 storey crèche building (1209 sq.m.) with outdoor play area; and 5 no. ground floor bar/restaurant units (1198 sq.m.) with residential units above. The square is served by 54 no. surface and 191 no. basement car parking spaces. The development also includes landscaped civic spaces, foul and SUDS surface water drainage, ESB substations, landscaping, boundary treatments, lighting, storage areas, plant rooms, refuse/recycling areas, and all ancillary drainage, engineering and site development works to facilitate the development. The subject site includes a protected structure and recorded national monument, a Holy Well 9RPS No. 11 - Lady Well Flemington Lane, Flemington). Permission is also sought for the demolition of 2 no. dwellings on Flemington Lane and associated outbuildings. This application is accompanied by an Environmental Impact Statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Branners

top form

great location for it

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

If anyone has any comments or submissions to the Council about this then they'd better get their skates on -

Consultations under Section 20 of the Planning & Development Acts 2000 – 2004

DEADLINE for submissions 23rd December 2008.

Fingal County Council adopted the Hacketstown Local Area Plan on the 11 th June 2007. The Council now proposes to amend this Local Area Plan. The proposed amendment proposes changes to the programme for the phasing of development.

Section 20 of the Planning & Development Acts 2000 - 2004 requires the Planning Authority to consult with the public before amending a Local Area Plan.

The County Council now intends to prepare an amendment to Local Area Plan for: Hacketstown, Skerries.

The lands comprise of approx. 16 hectares (approx. 39.85 acres) and are zoned 'RS1': "To provide for new residential communities in accordance with approved local area plans and subject to the provision of the necessary social and physical infrastructure." The Council owns approximately 7.2 hectares of the Hacketstown LAP lands. The adopted Hacketstown LAP 2007 permits the development of up to 600 residential units over a 5-6 year period in 3no. phases of 200 housing units each.

The key issues to be addressed are: -

1. Phasing of development
    2. Traffic Management Measures
    3. Local Services provision
    4. Pro-rata childcare facilities
    5. Recreation and open space facilities

A map outlining the lands in question and a statement setting out the rationale for the proposed amendment will be available for public inspection from Tuesday 25th November, 2008 to Tuesday 23 rd December, 2008 at the following locations (excluding public holidays): -

Fingal County Council Offices County Hall, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin: Mon – Thurs 9.00 am – 5.00 pm & Fri 9.00 am to 4.30 pm Blanchardstown Offices, Grove Road, Fingal, Dublin 15. Mon – Thurs 9.00 am – 5.00 pm & Fri 9.00 am to 4.30 pm Balbriggan Town Council, George's Square Balbriggan: Mon –Thurs 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m & Fri 9.00 am – 4.30 pm

Other Locations: Skerries Public Library, Skerries – Check locally for opening hours

The County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions before the Draft Amended Local Area Plan is prepared.

Any submissions or observations to the proposed Draft Amended Local Area Plan should be made in writing to Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin, or they can be e-mailed to devplan@fingalcoco.ie on or before Tuesday 23 rd December, 2008.
    SENIOR EXECUTIVE OFFICER
    Dated: 25 TH November 2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try posting in this thread.

Edit: And why exactly would one want to object to this Development Plan?
    If you have some specific reason as to why you feel we should object - please share it with us.

I wrote
    If anyone wants to object to this then they'd better get their skates on -

At no stage did I infer that I was going to object. However, it does seem that a lot of people don't or can't keep track of planning applications and I thought that this might be a good forum to bring it to people's attention.

I don't live near Hacketstown and have no particular objection to the proposal. Those who live nearer to it may have an interest in the development.

I hope you don't have a problem with this.

You could have easily said if anyone wanted to support this LAP then the deadline is approaching for submissions.

You chose not to, that says a lot.

You're right - I didn't - but I also didn't mean anything by that. I think you're reading a bit too much into it. I'll amend the original post and hopefully that'll be an end to the matter.

;)

Have any opinions on it yourself?

Always though it was a good thing that development was kept to the east of the railway line, so hopefully this won't lead to development on the west side of the line in the future, but this relief road will probably lead to that.

• Advertisement

Yes - I think it's a disgrace that sheltered housing for the elderly is being built halfway up a hill, 30 minutes walk (if you're old) from the town centre. The local campaign for sheltered housing has been petitioning the council for 15 years and is pretty disappointed with this inadequate response - it should be in the town centre and closer to all amenities. I have to say that I agree with them and have submitted my comments accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

An application has been made by PJ's Play Centre for "Change of use of a section (87.61 sq.m.) from Children's Play Centre to a school aged childcare and sessional montessori."

Hopefully it won't take away too much from the Play Centre itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

F08A/1394 GRANT PERMISSION

Decision Date: 12-Feb-2009

Applicant:
    Mr. & Mrs. E. Robinson

Proposed Development:
    These works consist of upgrade and modernisation of existing structure, increased roof height and replace with new slate roof. Alterations to front and side elevations and for change of use from domestic to Indian takeaway and all associated site works.

F08A/1232 GRANT PERMISSION

Decision Date: 10-Feb-2009

Applicant:
    Mr. F. Price

46A & 46B Upper Main Street And No. 1 Echlin Court (above Eurospar), Rush, Co. Dublin

Proposed Development:
    Change of use of 3 no. first floor apartments to a restaurant (230m/sq) and associated external illuminated signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I see that a planning application is up for the develoment of 16 classrooms and a Specail needs unit for the Balbriggan area. FO9A/0071
    Now Im delighted, as many know I have been pushing for an Autism unit for Balbriggan for what feels like forever.
    But ....my problem.
    The department of Education dont know what type of Special needs will be catered for.
    The school....dont know whats going in there..and Fingal Coco dont know whats going in there.
    Special needs doesnt mean a thiing.
    How can the Dept of Ed, post for planning for a large unit but not know who it can cater for.
    I dont want to go mad over this.. I dont want to give out..HONESTLY but...why cant a spade be called a spade,Its either for Autism or not.....
    Any advice please.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

I was on the Fingal County council website today. I've seen that the primary school located at the top of the Moylargh road has been granted planning permission for a permanent school building.

Great news for the area. Anyone got any info on if / when, they'll be proceeding with the construction? Details on link below

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=F09A/0071&theTabNo=1&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href=%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=420951%26StartIndex=1%26SortOrder=rgndat,apnid%26DispResultsAs=wphappsresweek2%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

I seen planning application by Lorretto school seeking change of use from School use to 10 apartments.
    I thought they had space problems.Im really annoyed over this.More apartments, is that needed and now part of the school will be gone.
    I cant find the application number , it was in the fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

cathy01 wrote: »
    I seen planning application by Lorretto school seeking change of use from School use to 10 apartments.
    I thought they had space problems.Im really annoyed over this.More apartments, is that needed and now part of the school will be gone.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=F08A/1152

Full Development Description

The development will consist of extension and alteration of "Marian House", a Protected Structure, and change of use from a school related use to residential use. This would compromise a total of 14 no. apartments consisting of 1 no. one bedroom, 10 no. two bedroom and 3 no. three bedroom apartments. The development would include demolishing a 1980's changing room structure and re-opening an established access off Convent Lane.

Fingal Co Co Decision: GRANT PERMISSION

cathy01 wrote: »
    It was an unused part of the school in a protect structure.

The money they get from this will allow further development on the greenfield part of the site. It makes perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Platinum Gym will open in the Retail Park in November, no mention of a pool though.

http://platinumgyms.ie/

planning details here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

LaFleur wrote: »
    I was on the Fingal County council website today. I've seen that the primary school located at the top of the Moylargh road has been granted planning permission for a permanent school building.

Great news for the area. Anyone got any info on if / when, they'll be proceeding with the construction? Details on link below

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=F09A/0071&theTabNo=1&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href=%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=420951%26StartIndex=1%26SortOrder=rgndat,apnid%26DispResultsAs=wphappsresweek2%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

Construction began about a week ago, presume it'll be ready in time for the new school year in Sept 2010.

Also, Platinum Gym will be opening at the end of November.

ah, this is the one that has the special need unit, but..for what special need.No one, and I mean no one knows.
    Of course we have begged for an autism unit.as I know a lot of you know.
    But , well we will have to wait and see.
    I will blow my top , if kids with Autism are passed over again, honest.
    rant over,
    sorry,:o
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

http://www.cisireland.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsId=2633

Some Highlights.
    When completed, the proposed development will include a new supermarket and a commercial centre including shops, cafes, restaurants and gymnasium

The application includes provision for a surface car park to accommodate 121 spaces. While detailed proposals have yet to be agreed and are subject to planning approval, it is envisaged that this car park is to be operated as an open car park during normal trading hours and will provide car parking spaces for existing traders in the town.

Mr Kelly also explained that 'it is estimated the development will bring between 90/120 part time and full time new jobs'

Good news for Rush??

Would love to see the traffic managment plan,

perhaps someone could provide a link, if any plans available to view on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

martinn123 wrote: »

Some Highlights..

Good news for Rush?? ..

It would be great for the town and especially the Main St which has a few badly run down buildings on it. From Convent Lane to Bollum lane on the left hand side going up the street looks awful and a new development would give the street a lift and compliment the work of Tidy Towns. The plans in Bird of Paradise look nice.

The only part of the development I have a problem with is there is going to be an off licence in it which we dont need, we have 7 outlets with licences to sell alcohol. The other thing is the resturaunt going to be a fast food outlet, thats the word around town, cafe is the term used in the link. We currently have 3 chippers, 2 chinese, 2 Indian and I think that is well enough for a town our size, unless we wnt to be like O'Connell Street. To see the state of our street at 5am on a Monday moring its like a tip head with chip wrappers and cans blowing up and down the street, an eyesore.

Dont know about traffic managment but from what I remember you enter at the side of the thatched house and leave via Bollum lane. To leave at thatched house would be a nightmare with the traffic lights only a few meters away that is unless you can only turn left up the street when leaving.

I hope it goes ahead but will be interesting to hear the arguments for and against

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

LeoB wrote: »

Dont know about traffic managment but from what I remember you enter at the side of the thatched house and leave via Bollum lane. To leave at thatched house would be a nightmare with the traffic lights only a few meters away

I'm only living in Rush a little while, I can't understand why these traffic lights aren't replaced with a mini roundabout, even without this development. Most traffic coming from lusk would flow left for skerries and right from skerries back towards lusk. Only a small proportion seems to come from or go to the harbour area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

N17er wrote: »
    I'm only living in Rush a little while, I can't understand why these traffic lights aren't replaced with a mini roundabout, even without this development. Most traffic coming from lusk would flow left for skerries and right from skerries back towards lusk. Only a small proportion seems to come from or go to the harbour area.

Because traffic lights are not just for cars. It is the point where 600-700 kids from St Joseph's will be looking to cross the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Some Highlights.

Good news for Rush??

There you go Link .The Traffic Management plan is buried somewhere among all those documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

SeaSide wrote: »
    N17er wrote: »

Because traffic lights are not just for cars. It is the point where 600-700 kids from St Joseph's will be looking to cross the road.

Zebra crossing? Move the point where they cross to the harbour side of the turn to skerries where there is little traffic. this would cater for them for the 20 mins each morning and evening, 9 months of the year.

A pedestrian tunnel. A footbridge. A bit extreme maybe but a little imagination could help traffic and pedestrians flow much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

What courses are open to you if you've brought a serious breach of planning permission rules to your council's attention only for them to continually fob you off with excuses that "the case is pending"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A good place to start would be the website for An Bord Pleanála - https://www.pleanala.ie/en-ie/home.

You could also have a chat with local solicitor or a planning consultant. I'm sure that both could advise you on avenues open to you.

Advertisement