Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mive.Tv for s60 - anyone know them?

• 25-11-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Downloaded a nice video app for my e71: mivetv beta. It offers clip search and lets you then download and store youtube, reuters and clips from other sites to view at any time.
    Thing is: one of the 'channels' mivetv has preinstalled is P*rntube!!! Ahem, I'm no prude, but it's a strange inclusion, isn't it?
    Who makes mivetv?
    It's freeware, so I suppose, they are financed through advertising...i.e. by the channel providers, right?
    Naughty!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

IMHO, the Mive.tv is just a search engine for youtube, p*rntube, and some other similar sites. I tried it a few months ago and it slowed down the phone completely. Give it a go, but I guess they still have no own content, i.e. no full realtime tv channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

flodis79 wrote: »
    Give it a go, but I guess they still have no own content, i.e. no full realtime tv channels.

I found Vimio Live tv to be a good source for this, though the list of channels is rather limited. Got it working a few weeks ago and had BBC World News, Al Jazeera and some music channel, but in the last few days I've only got BBC World. Terrible interface but in fairness it is actually live television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

flodis79 wrote: »
    IMHO, the Mive.tv is just a search engine for youtube, p*rntube, and some other similar sites. I tried it a few months ago and it slowed down the phone completely. Give it a go, but I guess they still have no own content, i.e. no full realtime tv channels.

Well, it actually works quite well now, and I like that it lets you save clips...and it works with voda's live!ap! I just find it curious that it's widely available from reputable freeware site but comes preloaded with p*rntube as a 'choice' channel!!!

Advertisement