Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest quality car tint

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Need to get an old merc tinted all over, getting crazy qoutes from the usual recommendations of 'shades' and 'autoflair' of about 250-300 euro! i was in london and got quotes for the equivalent of 140 euros! only didnt have time to take it in, i need a good quality job but not the best, it's an old merc after all, doubt i'll keep it for more than two years, so i don't need a lifetime or 5 year warranty.

Thanks

Moe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Won't tinted windows fail any forthcoming NCT test your car has?
    Why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

do it cheaply and it will look cheaply done

My recommendation is to get it done properly or not at all.

The quotes you got seem the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

smokingman wrote: »
    Won't tinted windows fail any forthcoming NCT test your car has?
    Why bother?

What is the story on this?

Are tinted windows an NCT fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

churchview wrote: »
    What is the story on this?

Are tinted windows an NCT fail?

I understood that they are as of a month or two ago...don't have confirmation but it was on the chat radio stations a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

most cars that come from the factory when bought new with factory tints have 50% VLT in them. NCT is not a failure on a tint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    most cars that come from the factory when bought new with factory tints have 50% VLT in them. NCT is not a failure on a tint

Might be soon. In New Zealand for example it is illegal to do anything asthetic to your car unless it comes out of the factory looking like that or unless it is supplied from a dealer.

You cannot put blue lights, whale tails, tint, body kits, after market fogs. The list goes on.

We may just be going that way.

Yet they have no NCT/DOE

Advertisement