Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up and Coming players.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

fight4rollz? or maybe a round of each (poker/fistycuffs)?

ill take lord mitsingtons side....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

Out of all the live tournaments and pro players I played with over the years i was never as impressed by anyone more than Adam Fallon well played.Also dont no if its Marc from boards but Dublin player foxy beard if I remember correctly was very good bit too aggressive maybe well played anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Are we talking about up and coming potential big name pros or or someone who might fluke a big donkament?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

mits2006 wrote: »
    Any chance of some plo lessons i hear it would suit a donk like me lol

You cannot afford my hourly rate:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

doke wrote: »
    Troy Prendergast, Sean Prenderville

These two have always impressed me when I played with them

doke wrote: »
    Troy Prendergast.

Couldn't agree more with this. Not just a very good and rapidly improving player but a joy to sit down and play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Couldn't agree more with this. Not just a very good and rapidly improving player but a joy to sit down and play with.
    Expecting Troy to have a nice touch come saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Mellor wrote: »

Excellent pool player as well, there is definitely something in the ability to play good pool/snooker and be good at poker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Sean Prenderville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trishakids

Keith your alive :eek: and very much missed, hurry back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trishakids

Mellor wrote: »

Troy should do well, great guy, but my money is on Ste Chambers. Unless he chokes again at the final hurdle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

<
    this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

gotta go with jude ainsworth (nicky put up his hendon mob thingy) in addition to that serious online record incl 3rd in sunday million

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I think this type of thread is a bit silly, for one thing most good play, if done really well is almost impossible to spot*; this is even assuming the viewer is capable of distinguishing it. And assuming they are of a decent standard and solid enough, it is going to take thousands of hands to find out their leaks. Solid players leaks are much harder to spot than

(Any player who routinely shows big folds or bluffs cant really be that good, because their decision making is going to be exploitable)

Mostly its going to be a case of who variance has rewarded recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Agreed, nearly all the names mentioned in this thread save the levels are only perceived as good cause they luckboxed their way to a few donkament scores. The standard in nearly all Irish tournaments is god awful so if you play enough a half decent player is going to show some sort of consistency along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

agree with hawk eye. the next big thing anyway is probably some 11 year old who is already crushing 10-20 plo online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

trishakids wrote: »
    but my money is on Ste Chambers. Unless he chokes again at the final hurdle.

:pac::pac::pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Hector + Hawkeye = to dam pragmatic and spoilsports

• Advertisement

nicnicnic wrote: »
    Hector + Hawkeye = to dam pragmatic and spoilsports

+1

They are like the guys who scoff fantasy football leagues because "Ronaldo would never be able to fit into that system without an overlapping fullback. It's frankly unrealistic to speculate whether Lampard and Scholes can play together cause it will never happen. Pointless exercise really"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

THis is really silly nicnicnic and Kayroo
    Personality trait variance can be effected by the 'exclusion factor', they may or may not be spoilsports but you can't base your assumptions with just the data in this thread, you need a much longer period of monitoring to obtain valid and credible information. I would say they are just going through a short spoiling phase as a result of EF. I think Hawk Eye and Hector Jelly are destined to be poker greats if they are not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

In the sense that any poll is silly - yes. But of course the really smart player will learn from whatever facts - erroneous or not - are thrown up. I think it's been educational so far. For example it's clear that players based in Galway rate Jude [rightly so IMHO] you can then judge for yourself by the calibre of players supporting him, and his known results, [after all Hendon Mob only has certain results up] how much credence you give to this. The same would apply for players from Dublin and Cork.

Oh yeah - and it's fun. And as Yuletired says: Personality trait variance can be effected by the 'exclusion factor'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

there is definitely something in the ability to play good pool/snooker and be good at poker

Probably explains why I suck at all 3. Keith good to see you're still alive, will we see you on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

nicnicnic wrote: »

lol. Our influence is felt everywhere!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Im not young or nominated boo-urns

:D

BigMick should definitely of gotten a mention in here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I don't think I've heard of any of these fish nominated

• Advertisement