Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan, Is he reali that funny??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭magicass

Just no , someone should tell tommy just because you shout it doesnt make it funny

i think that shouting is funny sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

magicass wrote: »

Me too. Just not when he ****ing does it.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

magicass wrote: »
    perhaps if shouting something funny??

Seriously though... he is not funny anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Some of the best laughs i've had is when watching him on the Late Late, and me ould gran just back from Sat night mass :D. Thought she'd have a stroke sometimes when he started on the religious stuff.
    Actually, it was probably funnier watching her freak out than watching tiernan himself, but still....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I love love love love love Tommy...

If you don't like him... then don't watch him. Simple as!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JohnnyIrvine666

Yes he is

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mawdz

Ya i find he is much to repeditive like are all his jokes about the travelling community and priests?????

Dylan Moran is the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

seen him 3 times live. First time was brilliant. Second time was ok and 3rd time I wanted to hop up on stage and kick him in the nuts until I was satisfied I got my moneys worth.
    He tries to hard to look tough and be contraversal. He is an embarrassment to Irish comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭vivadeadponies

tommy tiernan was brilliant at the start, kept it up for a good while, right up to loose(which probably has better material than the other dvds but awful editing).

i think he was in a failed sitcom or something in england that led to him not touring much outside ireland, here everyone(at the time) adored him anyway so he got lazy.
    the tour of the us didn't seem to have a positive impact either.

ok baby was godawful
    bovinity was even worse

dylan moran gets too easy of a time too, monster was his last hurrah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ham Sandwich

Dara all the way, definately the best of the three, and thats by a long shot. The Panel isnt the same without him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

"Tommy Tiernan, Is he reali that funny?"

No.

He's a crude, arrogant, hideously politically incorrect thug.

I don't understand what sort of person could find humour in disability.

Fair enough, if you want to curse and shout, but to poke fun at people who are physically disabled? That's not funny, that's sickening.

Clearly, he's not a believer of Karma!

He lacks the talent and sharp wit other comedians such as Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

I think tommy is funny enough,except he can go to far on some topics,and obviously he has got himself into a lot of trouble on the national broadcaster,namely the late late show.....,i listen to him on i105107 on fridays between 10am and 12pm.....his co-present hector o heochogain is more lively than tommy doe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 timba1210

Does anyone know if his Travellers bit is on any of his DVDs? I heard it on Sirius radio, but I would want to see him perform it befora making a judgement on its offensiveness.

Advertisement