Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Santa

Options
  • 25-11-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Are there any really really good places to take the kids around Wexford?
    Dont really fancy the "shopping centre" experience if I can help it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

I'd recommend Kia Ora mini farm just off Gorey, well worth the money and the kids will have a ball and can spend the whole day there if they want

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Ballycross Apple Farm are doing Santa this year. A bit pricey but sounds as if it's going to be a bit different than the Shopping Centre meat market - mulled wine for the parents, allocated times etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

Fr Murphy's Centre in Boolavogue, Ferns has a Santa Village

http://www.boolavogue.info/santa.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Evely016

:cool: Very cool place to bring the kids at Christmas, fabulous presents and thousands of lights, they even have a fire engine, a real fire engine! that brings the kids for a drive. Its new this year but we have been going there for years and love going back. Santa is the nicest Santa we have ever been to and they don't rush you through but you feel that you get your moneys worth and its not all commercial like in the shopping centres. They even send my kids out a free santa letter every year. See www.kiaoraminifarm.com. You don't have to book but a little tip is to go in the evening time as the lights are magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

^^^^Do you work for them?^^^^

lol, the best place I've brought the kid to was the Drinagh Garden Centre, believe it or not! Not overly packed, nice Santa, nicely decorated, plenty of room to wander around. Plus the kids go mad looking at the animals in the next room, and to cap it off Santa's runway is on the road across from the Garden Centre! Best of all - feck all traffic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Evely016

Wish I did work there............would be some laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

If instead of turning to Drinagh Garden Centre you turn to the opposite side of N25 (direction of Killiane Castle Driving Range) you will find a private house that is a must see every Christmas. It is absolutely brilliant, there is not a sq.ft. of the house and garden that is not decorated, and it's free! There is even music and a Nativity scene. For obvious reasons you'll want to go there when it's dark. You can park just outside of the house (if you get a space), kids love it.

That place is pretty cool all right.

icbarros wrote: »
    If instead of turning to Drinagh Garden Centre you turn to the opposite side of N25 (direction of Killiane Castle Driving Range) you will find a private house that is a must see every Christmas. It is absolutely brilliant, there is not a sq.ft. of the house and garden that is not decorated, and it's free! There is even music and a Nativity scene. For obvious reasons you'll want to go there when it's dark. You can park just outside of the house (if you get a space), kids love it.

Yes you can park outside of that house but for the love of God don't be interfering with the neighbours properties please! Don't move the cones, don't block access to their houses, and PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR KIDS WALK ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITHOUT PROPER HIGH VIS JACKETS OR TORCHES!

I've nearly killed kids on my road cos they be jumping out from between cars, that road has no lighting, we don't need it! And at the risk of sounding all "Bah Humbug!", I for one wish that clown who puts the lights up would grow up, it ruins Christmas for us, having to look at those bloody lights for 5-6 weeks of the year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Which of the shops in Wex town have Santa? Shaws maybe? Surely there must be at least a couple of Santa's in town?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Bazbu wrote: »
    Which of the shops in Wex town have Santa? Shaws maybe? Surely there must be at least a couple of Santa's in town?

Thanks

I haven't been past there in a couple of years but Dunnes in Redmond Square always put up a grotto outside the store, not the nicest I remember, but it should be there this year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

but Dunnes in Redmond Square always put up a grotto outside the store, not the nicest I remember, but it should be there this year again.

I've never seen this grotto during the last 4 years.

The only shop where I've seen a Santa was Sam McCauleys Pharmacy in Redmond Square and this was 2 or 3 years ago and it was only for 1 (ONE) afternoon to promote a Pantomina by a local group.

icbarros wrote: »
    I've never seen this grotto during the last 4 years.

The only shop where I've seen a Santa was Sam McCauleys Pharmacy in Redmond Square and this was 2 or 3 years ago and it was only for 1 (ONE) afternoon to promote a Pantomina by a local group.

Really??? 4 years huh? My apologies! I've preferred to stay away from town at Christmas the last few years, getting a job outside the town centre was a blessing for this time of the year! Tis madness on that main street!

(btw I did start my post by saying I hadn't been past in last couple of years! Do you work for The Sun?)

Advertisement