Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philosophy as a mature student?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 2:12pm

I have always wanted to go to college, but haven't yet. I shall be 29 by next year, and I am leaning towards philosophy. I haven't done any research yet on available schools or courses, but would like to ask if any people here have done a degree course or more.

If you have, which Institution did you go to and what did you get out of it. The question I've been asking myself about philosophy is, I probably won't get a job out of it, so why?

And my answer would have to be that I find it fascinating. It's taken me nearly 10 years to find something I enjoy, and all that time, it was the thinking about trying to find something I enjoyed, I enjoyed most!

I would be grateful for any advice at all,

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

My own personal recomendation is to do philosophy along with another subject. (e.g Bachelor of Arts joint Honours) if you are considering the University route. Philosophy and Social Science or English seem to have been popular combination in my year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement