Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im not on a static I.P but...

Options
  • 25-11-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

It hasn't changed for a year and a day...
    Just emailed a website who needs testers with static IP's and although i don't pay for a static it is,I explained to my dad that i havn't noticed it changed so he said save it in a draft and see...And just checked today.I saved it novembre 24th 2007 and still hasn't changed..?
    And ideas why?I'm not bothered either way but it's confusing
    And by the way the router has been switched off loads of times through the year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Who's your Broadband provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Permanet(http://permanet.ie)
    On the knockanure mast in kerry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Fixed wireless providers usually have Static IP addresses.

What type of router do you use? Is it a cable modem? I'd just ring the provider and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Username! wrote: »
    Fixed wireless providers usually have Static IP addresses.

What type of router do you use? Is it a cable modem? I'd just ring the provider and ask.

It goes from the cable router>Dlink wifi access point>then perlico ASDL router set to bridge..

Yeah i was just wondering it was common

With Permanet, unless you specify a static IP and subscribe to a business pipe you're assigned a private IP. Even then, you have to configure your router manually with the address they give you as DHCP will still assign you a private IP. Is your address 192.168.132.xxx or something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

sure NTL don't give static IP's to there customers yet after two years using their cable server with powering off and on etc over that period my IP never changed once :)

Ricky91t, enjoy alberts new site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Ricky,
    ALL permanet customers come from the one IP so If you go onto a site and then your neighbour who has permanet goes onto the same site, it'll look as If ye're both the same person.

Advertisement