Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villareal V Man Utd Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Cruijff wrote: »
    Watching this on ITV, cant be doing with Dunphy tonight.

And Souness is getting in on it too. ''He (Ronaldo) has this thing whereby when you tackle him he acts as if how dare you?!''. Yeah Graeme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Cruijff wrote: »
    Watching this on ITV, cant be doing with Dunphy tonight.

He has an edge over commentators who can only see rio and rooney though and prob discuss players skippin on international duty rather than call the match..

My God Houghton's an insufferable moron. ''He should've done this, they should've done that''. He's Dunphy's b1tch is all.

Fletchs strenght usually is in knowing to keep it simple...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Shocking game so far.

Rooney coming to deep. Carrick not able to pass. Fletcher not on the pitch apparently. Anderson needs to get more involved. But I think Rooney dropping deep is effecting this as Anderson doesn't know where to go when Rooney is playing in his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

sooo close ,
    great effort , good save .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Anderson :D still waiting on goal number 1 (I think). thought when I saw him first he would be a goalscoring midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anderson :D still waiting on goal number 1 (I think). thought when I saw him first he would be a goalscoring midfielder.

Yeah. Odd for a Brazilian not to score any goals no matter what position they play.

Shocking game so far.

Rooney coming to deep. Carrick not able to pass. Fletcher not on the pitch apparently. Anderson needs to get more involved. But I think Rooney dropping deep is effecting this as Anderson doesn't know where to go when Rooney is playing in his position.

Yeah Roo's far too deep and Anderson keeps trying to slot in behind him. Like to see Rafael on for O'Shea in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

The back heel pass should be out lawed at united. So much waste from it.

Dear god the RTE stream is disgraceful.

Carturo wrote: »
    Yeah Roo's far too deep and Anderson keeps trying to slot in behind him. Like to see Rafael on for O'Shea in the second half.

I'd give it another 10/15 minutes before switching it personal wise. However after half time I would put Ronaldo up top with Rooney, Nani right, and Anderson left and see how that does.

If nothing changes then Fletcher for Tevez, and O'Shea for Rafeal. See how that goes before giving Manucho a go.

I'd give it another 10/15 minutes before switching it personal wise. However after half time I would put Ronaldo up top with Rooney, Nani right, and Anderson left and see how that does.

If nothing changes then Fletcher for Tevez, and O'Shea for Rafeal. See how that goes before giving Manucho a go.

Anderson's totally wasted on the left I reckon. He was shocking out there against Liverpool earlier in the season.

Take Fletch off for Tevez alright, keep Anderson in the centre but have him drop back a bit with Carrick. Put Rooney in behind Tevez and leave the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Rather dull game so far, isn't it?

Anderson's totally wasted on the left I reckon. He was shocking out there against Liverpool earlier in the season.

Take Fletch off for Tevez alright, keep Anderson in the centre but have him drop back a bit with Carrick. Put Rooney in behind Tevez and leave the rest.

Cant see Fergie changing the personal at half time. So I was coming up with another way to change it.

Anderson would be less wasted on the left that he is at the moment.
    Rather dull game so far, isn't it?

NO. Its like the CL penalty shoot out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Anderson's attempted shot was pretty hilarious. That always happens you once when you're playing with your mates, in your mind you are thinking 'top corner, wait for it, this is gonna be some hit'. Insantly your foot becomes a banana, and the ball ends up in your own keepers hands somehow. :D

• Advertisement

It's not great but not as bad as Dumbphy and co are making out.

Yeah Anderson's shot was comedy gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

It's not great but not as bad as Dumbphy and co are making out.

You'll go far :rolleyes:

You'll go far :rolleyes:

Well done. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Hate those diving johnny foreigners!

thank f##k it was ROONEY that dived , if it was RONALDO boards would have gone into meltdown.

oh diving is so wrong before I get attacked.

• Advertisement

Hate those diving johnny foreigners!

You should watch the Portuguese league for some comedy dives.

thats twice in one game too.

Not a great game. Would love to heard itv commentators when Rooney dived

I wonder will Dumbphy (that's Dunphy for Bobastupid) point out Rooney's dive in the full time analysis? Probably not.

What the hell was Evans doing. Suicidal or what.

ShooterSF wrote: »

''That's not something we're used to in the English game, but sure if they're doing it...''

English international player don't dive,:D

''That's not something we're used to in the English game, but sure if they're doing it...''

Sounds about right :D

That's two on target for Anderson. That's already better than last season! :D

That's two on target for Anderson. That's already better than last season! :D

He's had two excellent positions from which to shoot and fluffed both. A professional footballer should be able to do better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

anyone elses paint dry yet?
    id say another 25 minutes for mine

He's had two excellent positions from which to shoot and fluffed both. A professional footballer should be able to do better.

He is a new breed of Brazilian. Not capable.

Tevez, please save us from this rubbish :pac::pac:

I know 0-0 is probably job done but damn its dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

What a rickety save there!
    Where's Tevez? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Straight red :eek:. Ref must have been bored and decided to annoy a few people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

never a red. yellow at most.

how bad are these continental refs that do CL games? that eedjit for Athletico - pool was also a farce of a ref. unbelievable

Shouldn't have been red but no over dramatics from Ronaldo imo

Straight red? Hardly a yellow. The ref gave two fickle yellows to Villareal players in the first half as well.

At least it has raised the excitement level.

Harsh red there. Foot was high and it actually didn't look like he went for the ball but a red was harsh.

How pissed must Tevez be. First Gibson then Park come on, all after he was stripped ready to come on.

• Advertisement

RTE claims Gibsons international performances earned him his champions league debut :D

Edit:
    Poor Tevito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

This has been one absolutely p!ss poor game.

I hope that doesn't cause much stoppage time. Don't think I could take it.

Let it end, let us go watch something else. :P

RTE claims Gibsons international performances earned him his champions league debut :D

Edit:
    Poor Tevito

Thats almost as bad as claiming his Manchester United performances got him a place in the Ireland team.

cudda done with a streaker

• Advertisement

cudda done with a striker

FYP.

FYP.

meh. Either way :D

Thank god. Now lets delete this thread and pretend we didn't just spend 90 minutes watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Hardly anything good to take away from this game, except maybe Rio and Jonny played very well, along with Carrick who was excellent.

Terrible game

Ronaldo was an absolute sulky ponce throughout the night, terrible performance, every pass he got that he fupped up was the passers fault.

As for the his antics in getting Capedevila sent off, disgraceful, sick off his bullsh!te antics, sulky twonk.

Yay, it's over. ^^

• Advertisement
Advertisement