Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evga Warrenty

Options
  • 25-11-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

well lads,

Ive been havin a problem with my Evga 680i mobo for the last little while. Ive read up and it seems as though there is a blown capacitor somewhere which causes the USB devices to "stick" for a few seconds. it happens only really with a USB keyboard, I could be typing away and something like the following will happen:

typing away and theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen it sticks like that.

I can try any USB port, always get the problem. tried different keyb, same problem. try keyboards through a PS/2 converted, sorted. BUT, I lose some of the functionality of the keyboard. (media player shortcuts, calculator short cut etc.)

I believe my board is still under warrenty (10 year warrenty I think)

I've removed and put on my own north and southbridge heat sinks.... I think that may be a void, but I can replace them and nooone would notice...

Do I say it to komplett, or do I send straight to eVGA???

has anyone encountered such a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

komplett only have to cover the warrenty for 30 days, after that its over to eVga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

alrighty. thing is, I was living with in a house with a few friends over the summer and one lad ordered parts for a pc, I decided on impulse to make him put two orders down for the mobo, so he has the records and receipts n all. I can prob get them off him, but will it be a problem?

Yup, thats a huge problem :(

how so?

because it was bought by yoru friend, he will have to handle the RMA, and if neseccary provide proof of purchace.

• Advertisement

thats annoying. hes not really a "friend" per say either, more an aquantance than anything, and hes in scotland now....I can just ask him for invoice numbers and that...but, thats about it...

no way of not going through him no??

you might be able to, but they will probably want email corespondance through the email he signed up to the website with. give them a quick ring and explain your situation.

I just asked him if he uses his account anymore.... (i dont think he does), so I asked him to wipe his details and give me his account. should be fine I rekon.... im open to correction though

if that works, you will be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Shouldn't matter too much in whose name the receipts are if you are dealing direct with EVGA. You did go onto the EVGA website and register your board with your details? You will have to do so first before contacting customer support. If the board is not registered online within 30 days of receipt then your warranty defaults to the first year only. Try searching the EVGA forums, a lot of problems are answered directly by EVGA techs, your problem may be one of them. EVGA community

• Advertisement

nah i never registered it. but that doesnt matter. theres ways around that.

but im in contact with komplett at the moment, (the vendor) they are after-all the vendor and they are responsible. I have nothing to do with going to evga at all.

got his account by the way, and komplett are already in contact with me

Advertisement