Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prices for FM2009?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Wheres the cheapest place for FM? Dublin...

Cheers for feed back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

someone quoted on another thread HMV with a student discount being only €35. no idea if this is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's €37.99 in HMV and with a 10% student discount, I got it for €34.89, iirc. Definitely under €35 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭frustrated1

Just buy from UK web site... with the exchange rate the way it is today for sterling, you will save money even after paying for the shipping..

(I am sure I am getting frowned upon by someone for advising to buy british)

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Just buy from UK web site... with the exchange rate the way it is today for sterling, you will save money even after paying for the shipping..

(I am sure I am getting frowned upon by someone for advising to buy british)

:eek:

Most of us aren't xenophobes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

20GBP with gameplay.co.uk incl shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I got it for €26 in Game in the sale. Was delighted, as it was €40 in Gamestop, and came so close to buying it there without looking around.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Slightly OT, but is it a significant leap forward from FM08 and worth getting? Got a voucher for Gamestop for Christmas and it's a toss up between FM09 and something for the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Zaph wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but is it a significant leap forward from FM08 and worth getting? Got a voucher for Gamestop for Christmas and it's a toss up between FM09 and something for the Wii.

There is a difference. Not a massive difference, but enough to make it feel new. If you enjoyed FM08 then there is no reason you won't enjoy this.

New 3D match engine. (It's good, but not great)
    Play the game in a higher resolution.
    Transfer system overhaul.
    The AI isn't a tard any more either
    Slower pace to the game since there is a focus on the matchday
    Other then that a few tweaks here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Zaph wrote: »

the only major change is the 3D engine. Download the demo from Steam and give it a try. I liked the 3D engine enough to get it, although it is buggy and plenty of people have reverted back to 2008 after getting 09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cheers lads

Advertisement