Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No where left for vinyl in Galway??

Options
  • 25-11-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Galway ten years ago had a relatively healthy vinyl selection, not anything to get excited about, but enough to keep the shakes away from the average vinyl junkie. You had Mulligans, Zhivago, Red-light, a few small stores that tried for a while even the auld buck that used to have a stall in Corbett Court. Now even HMV have got rid of their vinyl section? I know there is that place beside the Crane (Can never remember the name, Candle somthing :confused:) but is that really it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, has been drying up for quite a while now. Is the vinyl section gone in Mulligans as well now? haven't been there for ages, but I would've thought an eclectic kind of selection like they had would have more lasting power than the crap that HMV got in

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

tman wrote: »
    Yep, has been drying up for quite a while now. Is the vinyl section gone in Mulligans as well now? haven't been there for ages, but I would've thought an eclectic kind of selection like they had would have more lasting power than the crap that HMV got in

Its closed mate, has been for over a year now. Rent was too high apparently. They were supposed to relocate after their first break in 11 years but never did :( Ebay is grand but theres no comparison to flicking through a vinyl section on the blind... Bad times...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mulliagan's is gone, and HMV got rid of their vinyl (wasn't a great selection but still) recently. I'm sure you can still order but the art of browsing is not an option anymore:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Welcome to the world of tomorrow!

compupu.jpg

We use MP3s here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gasolinehorsey

there is going to be a record fair in galway sometime in april

i will find out what the story is and report back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sawah

the place by the crane is called bell, book and candle...its supposed to be ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

514dkzf6syl.jpg

Advertisement