Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Live profile form old 20gb to new 120gb

• 25-11-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just bought a new 120gb HDD from ebay so hopefully will be here in a week or so. Its not being supplied with a data transfer cable so if i recover my gamertag via xbox live will there be any downside to this like loosing game saves etc?im presuming there is, i dont mind loosing all the other data such as demos, videos etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Did the same myself.

Best thing to do is to pick up a 256mb memory unit too and transfer your game saves etc onto that.

You just recover your gamertag through xbox live and then copy your gamesaves over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Sound,

Will look into that,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Sound,

Will look into that,

Thanks

I can send you my transfer kit for you to use if you send back afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Hey Nedved, let me know how you get on with this. I'm thinking of doing the same. Stuck with a 20GB hard drive isn't ideal for installing games and i seen to be constantly deleting demo's to free up space as it is!

Sound, i might take you up on that, i will pm you when i get the HDD delivered,

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Hey Nedved, let me know how you get on with this. I'm thinking of doing the same. Stuck with a 20GB hard drive isn't ideal for installing games and i seen to be constantly deleting demo's to free up space as it is!

Will keep ye updated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Sound, i might take you up on that, i will pm you when i get the HDD delivered,

No bother, when you expecting delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I thought those things only work once, thats what the manual that comes with them says anyway?

I've a kit lying around that I was going to throw out but if they still work I'll hang onto it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think it's that you can only move you purchased items once and still have them work, not that the transfer cable can only be used once.

No bother, when you expecting delivery?

Not sure, its coming from china..at least a week id say,il keep you updated, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just to let you know..if you have bought games/movies on live they will not work on your new hard drive unless you're online the whole time.
    Also the divx playback is lost.
    If you use the transfer kit I think you're ok.
    People have been bitching about this for years but MS have done nothing about it. Me being one of them when I moved to an area with no broadband.

Just to let you know..if you have bought games/movies on live they will not work on your new hard drive unless you're online the whole time.
    Also the divx playback is lost.
    If you use the transfer kit I think you're ok.
    People have been bitching about this for years but MS have done nothing about it. Me being one of them when I moved to an area with no broadband.

Can i not just download the divx codec again an it will be fine again?

Right lads,

The 120gb HDD arrived today, Transferred all my data over using a memory card, everything is working perfectly, installed a few games on the hdd and they play just fine, this is what i bought

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220321983149&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=220316158159&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

only took a week or so to deliver,

Good deal i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Thanks for keeping us updated mate, great to hear its working grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

would anyone have a copy of the disc that comes with the transfer kit? I have the transfer kit but i got it in the US and the software disc is region locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Are they the official xbox hard drives he's selling?

Advertisement