Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVP Question - using points

• 25-11-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Fairly new to doing pvp arenas. playin arathi basin alot with my mate. im a priest he's a rogue, have hundreds of honour points and wanna buy some of the gear.

question is how do we buy great weapons well him really beign the rogue? all the guy beside the entrance sells is armour and schtuff! no weapons! where do we get these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dont even bother spending honor point untill you hit lvl 80, its just a waste. Plus the stuff for your level ( i remember you being lvl 20ish) is actually pretty **** to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

well wont lvl 80 for about 6months haha.. but was lvl20 ages ago now lvl36 excuse you haha...

surely there's something can buy there's lads in there flying around with flaming swords lvl 39 one shotting me must have some mental gear!! plus some of the trinkets seem cool to buy for stock piling for later raids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 p-flaps

theyre called twinks, level 19, 29 or 39 (etc) players that spend thousands of gold on gear to compete at the top end of each bracket (10-20, 20-30, etc) to own people. not my cup of tea.

have u not seen rogues running around level 19 named things like "twinkadink"

ah yea i was thinking thats what they do feckin annoying!! why would they bother just stayign there to get all them weapons if they cant use them out of pvp.

crappy wen the servers are full of these gimps but great fun im addicted to it! only thing is tho being a priest they just zone in on me first :-(

another question is that when the battle is over do i have to keep leaving battleground and reenterign the queue? cause surely once im in one i wanna go on again. was in a battle, we won then had to wait 2hrs to get into the next one was very annoying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yes you need to requeue. Queues are alot faster at higher levels as more people play up there.

If you are a priest and want to be successful in pvp, look into the discipline tree, and stack stamina (do bare in mind that this will be less optimal for levelling of course).

If you have a rogue buddy, try working with him so you stand around as bait, and when the rogue nabs you your mate tags the rogue then you both beat the bejasus out of him.

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »
    Yes you need to requeue. Queues are alot faster at higher levels as more people play up there.

If you are a priest and want to be successful in pvp, look into the discipline tree, and stack stamina (do bare in mind that this will be less optimal for levelling of course).

If you have a rogue buddy, try working with him so you stand around as bait, and when the rogue nabs you your mate tags the rogue then you both beat the bejasus out of him.

ah i get ya jst thought sever pop was low which i think it is anyway.

funny you should say that, thats where i have all my talents points in the disc tree (bar 5 i put into holy to increase healing/reduce casting time)

ha sounds like a good tactic! have to say done well on my own taking on two guys at the same time 35 paladin and a 32mage... bashed the mage then the paladin comes storming in to pick me off but i used psychic scream and dotted him to regen myself and wen he came back i unleashed hell(well heaven) on him!

btw is it worth enchanting wands i have now at this lvl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I dont think there are wand enchants, but you can make wands from enchanting (but they suck as they dont have good stats). Buy a wand on the auction house if you need one, or if your question is whether it's worth enchanting, it depends on how rich you are and how how often you change gear. They give decent bonuses, but if you level quickly it mightn't be worth it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There is a really level 29ish wand from Black Fathom Downs that is insanely good for your level and all the way up till the mid 40's. Shadow damage too, so it gets bonuses from shadow weaving etc. At least it used to ;)

Advertisement