Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waking in middle of night

Options
  • 25-11-2008 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello and good'day

I am currently going through a very difficult time in my life and it has affected my sleeping patterns hugely.

Basically, I am soo tired all day in work and can not wait to get home to bed. Usually am in bed for 10pm and I can fall straight asleep. (I never usually I have a problem drifting off).

However, over the last few weeks the following has been happening :

1 - At first I started waking on the hour, every hour, but the good thing was once I woke, I could usually drift back off without any difficulty.
    2 - Now the latest is that, I can sleep soundly for a few hours but I usually wake up, say 1 or 2 am and that's it, I am wide awake for hours. I usually just lie there trying to get back to sleep or worrying. :o

Now the knock on effect is that it is affecting my job- when it is time to get up for work - I can't. Well its not that I can't - my alarm goes off, but I am so feckin wrecked, I cant get up and I have been late for work a couple of times now :( Its almost that I am so tired I simply just DO NOT CARE if I am late lol, but that I am in bed early enough that I shouldnt be having these problems.

I do not need to get up until half 7!

I have read some good info here on boards, and on other websites of things that you can do to help aid better sleep - dark room, comfortable temperature etc. but unfortunately I think this is all caused by stress and I do not know how to "switch off".

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Strenuous daily exercise has worked best for me. When you first start, you should be dead by lights out.

Also, your diet might contribute to the problem? Eat late? Coffee or tea? Sugars?

Of course, addressing the source of your stress would probably be your best solution? Get some help from a close friend, or counselor?

Advertisement