Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthritis Collar

Options
  • 25-11-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Not sure if people here have used these before. But my Husband's family dog (12 year old lab) has been fairly crippled with arthritis over the last few months. When we go to visit she can barely get out of her bed and would just thump her tail on her bed. She has been on Metacam, but it seems to have lost it's efficacy.

Anyhoo! After a chance meeting of another lab owner, my father in law heard of these anti-arthritis dog collars and got the number of the lady who makes them. (I'm not sure if they are copper/magnetic or what) He got it last week and the lab has been wearing it for 5 days now. We went to visit on day 3 and the difference is remarkable, she was so much more supple than she has been in months. They have been told that it would take about 2 weeks to work fully, and if it hasn't made any changes in 3 months they would receive their money back.

Now, coming from a science background myself - I would normally take this with a pinch of salt. I'd give it more time to see if she's not just having a 'good' week. I'll keep ye posted. But all is looking good so far!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

Please keep us posted!

My grandparents spaniel/lab X (ish) has awful arthritus and similarly is on metacam.

There is a type of denti-chew made by pedigree chum I think with Joint Care - you can't get it in Ireland I think - my sister brings packs of the stuff over with her when she comes home from London- that really seems to help.

If anyone else knows anything about these collars I'd be really interested to hear.

Thanks

xx Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I can't recommend Stride or Sasha's Blend enough for dogs with arthritis.

My Loki is 4 and has an auto immune arthritis. He was given 3 months to live by the vet in September 07 so we started him on Stride Plus along with his Previcox (NSAID's).

He's been on Sasha's Blend for the last few months and between the two (SB & Stride) his range of movement has actually improved and he's not as dependant on painkillers and anti-inflammatories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

kitten_bar wrote: »
    Please keep us posted!

My grandparents spaniel/lab X (ish) has awful arthritus and similarly is on metacam.

There is a type of denti-chew made by pedigree chum I think with Joint Care - you can't get it in Ireland I think - my sister brings packs of the stuff over with her when she comes home from London- that really seems to help.

If anyone else knows anything about these collars I'd be really interested to hear.

Thanks

xx Kate

I've bought those Joint Care chews from Tesco in Ballina, so they are available here.

My old dog Murphy has a bioflow collar and it really helps her, must try out that Sasha's Blend, where do you get it from?

Advertisement