Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitors and MP3 speakers in one?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey,

I am looking for good quality sound for my Zune 80 and I am also looking for reasonably cheap studio monitors for home recording.

So...The plan is to combine these. The question is would it work if I connect my Zune, using a dock with phono connections to active monitors (for example, these) ? Has anyone tried this?

I presume the active speakers will give the amplification needed? Is there anything else i need to consider here?

I realise most studio monitors are nearfield but shouldn't this be ok for your average home room?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

That should work grand, using powered monitors will probbaly give you a lot better sound quality than using one of the usual docking systems, the nearfield issue shouldn't be a huge concern.

Ritz.

Advertisement