Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migration process - Eircom to UTV

Options
  • 25-11-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I have been on Eircom broadband for a few years now, but rang up and moved it to UTV about a week or so ago.

My Eircom broadband service has continued unchanged. Yesterday I got a letter from UTV telling me that my service has been enabled and the UTV router will be in the post shortly.

This started me thinking . . . will I end up paying for Eircom broadband and UTV broadband too ?

I rang UTV and they said I will need to ring Eircom and cancel the service with them. Is this correct ? It doesn't seem to make sense - when I mived the phone line I didn't have to do this. Also, I don't understand how I can be in a situation where both Eircom and UTV are providing DSL services down the same line . . . I'm a little removed from the technology end these days, but last time I was involved in networking a few years back this wasn't possible and you could only have one service or the other.

Can anyone who has done this move let me know whether I need to cancel with Eircom or not ? I don't mind doing it, but I don't want to ring them, cancel the service and then find that my UTV service disappears also because it relies on the Eircom thing.

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

utv just resell eircom's product a bit cheaper.I'd cancel eircom in case you get billed twice,I know it's not a nice experience ringing up eircom but it has to be done,if you cancel them utv should remain active on your phone line.They might still bill you for the month depending on their billing period so cancel eircom sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

UTV didn't notify BT when I changed (or so BT said) but I did. Didn't stop BT billing me for 6 months though. I unleashed the hounds though and got a credit back.

Advertisement