Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test next week - niggling car issues

Options
  • 25-11-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have my test next week and there's a couple of niggling things thats worrying me regarding my car. The first being that the water bottle in the engine that stores the water that sprays on to the windows when cleaning, is missing the cap. I've looked in a few scrap yards and there seem to be no caps at all. Is this going to be an issue when the examiner wants to look at the engine? Does anyone here know of any places I can buy a cap?

The next thing is, sometimes the car does not slip into first gear all too easily, and sometimes it just won't slide in at all (very rarely though, maybe once every two/three weeks.) There is a work around which involves putting it into third gear and then it will slide into first easily enough, obviously only when the car is stationary!

Anyway, if I explain that to the examiner, what would their reaction most likely be?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

As for the washer fluid cap. have you gone direct to your dealer to see if they can source one? You should have a cap on it, however i'm not sure it would warrant abandoning a test over.
    And as for the first gear issue, have you tried, when it doesn't go into gear, putting the car in neutral, de clutching, clutching in again and putting it into first?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't gone to a dealer as its an 11 year old micra so I'm not sure they'd have many spares floating around! I've heard of caps that you can buy in garages that can fit multiple sizes. I think it's only fuel caps though. Don't suppose you know anything about these by any chance?

I also haven't tried the de clutching, but I will definitely keep it in mind when it happens next time.

Advertisement