Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do in castleisland ??

Options
  • 25-11-2008 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

in my opinion not much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Yeah you pretty much have it in one there to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

That's not true. Their are 3 totally constructive activities do do in castleisland. One is to start walking the road to Tralee. The second is to start walking the road to Killarney. Or finally, you can head off towords Limerick. Or, you could drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

spend a half hour stuck in traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

oeb wrote: »
    That's not true. Their are 3 totally constructive activities do do in castleisland. One is to start walking the road to Tralee. The second is to start walking the road to Killarney. Or finally, you can head off towords Limerick. Or, you could drive.
    You forgot to say climb down the caves,or if you make it to farranfore you can fly away,plenty of options there!!Up,down,north south east and west,couldnt be more choice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

noone mentioned the pub....all activity in c'island revolves round the pub!!

Was there yesterday & the news is....theres new bookies open & tomo burke electrical has opened new shop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

in my opinion not much

The sooner they bypass the town the better, even the locals there are crying out for a bypass.
    I don't know why :confused: because without all the traffic going through the town, I don't think there's f--all else there.

dh0661 wrote: »
    without all the traffic going through the town, I don't think there's f--all else there.
    Theres me,often found working around there during the week:D
    Definatly not the most fun place ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Only good thing about Castleisland is Den Joe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

theres clay pidgeon shooting there somewhere near there and there is a quad bike place there too isn't there?

and a good rugby team.

sheesh wrote: »
    and a good rugby team.

Come to think of it, there are a few "nice" ;) hunks on their #1 team.

But I'm afraid I can't put them on my what's to do in Castleisland list.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

00112984 wrote: »
    Only good thing about Castleisland is Den Joe's.
    The takeaway and the man!!Den joe himself is a great character and a sound lad.
    theres clay pidgeon shooting there somewhere near there
    Thats up near knocknagoshel,its re-opening soon afaik.
    and a good rugby team.
    Never heard of their rugby team...

They are nearly as good as the Tralee team. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

enjoy the free for alls in the bars

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

If only Den Joe had a drive through on the road in from Tralee the dreaded traffic jams would be nearly bearable. Often wondered was it political influence that stopped the bypass as lots of towns less congested have been sorted.Hope the recession wont delay it for another twenty years as its a great town for a day trip across the border from the Rebel county.

Yes,if ever a town needed a bypass its castleisland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Saw den Joe on his harley last summer. He had no shirt on. What a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

fastrac wrote: »
    If only Den Joe had a drive through on the road in from Tralee the dreaded traffic jams would be nearly bearable. Often wondered was it political influence that stopped the bypass as lots of towns less congested have been sorted.Hope the recession wont delay it for another twenty years as its a great town for a day trip across the border from the Rebel county.

Adare is bypassed, Castleisland has the second widest street in Ireland (after O' Connell street). The vast vast majority of Kerry people who work outside the county do so in West Cork, and if you're not driving the two train stations and airport are all south of Castleisland. It just doesn't make economic sense.

(Also Listowel, Castleisland, Fenit, 80% of Tralee = Complete Kip)

Ice_Box wrote: »
    Saw den Joe on his harley last summer. He had no shirt on. What a man.
    Yep,that harley is some machine!!1.8litre V twin engine!!

jimi_t wrote: »

:confused: What is this about ?.

• Advertisement

dh0661 wrote: »
    :confused: What is this about ?.
    The usual w**k about kerry being a dump...:rolleyes:

The usual w**k about kerry being a dump...:rolleyes:

Aw - if Carlsberg ever wanted to a dump, they would would never go to Castleisland, would they ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Adare is bypassed, Castleisland has the second widest street in Ireland (after O' Connell street). The vast vast majority of Kerry people who work outside the county do so in West Cork, and if you're not driving the two train stations and airport are all south of Castleisland. It just doesn't make economic sense.

Was that recent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

The takeaway and the man!!Den joe himself is a great character and a sound lad.

Thats up near knocknagoshel,its re-opening soon afaik.

Moss keane who played for munster and Ireland played for CastleIsland afaik a hugh Man mountain of a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Noviceman

sheesh wrote: »
    Moss keane who played for munster and Ireland played for CastleIsland afaik a hugh Man mountain of a player

so did Mick Galwey, Mick Doyle and Tom Doyle, all Irish internationals, does Tralee rugby club have that record I wonder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Adare is bypassed(after O' Connell street)

Adare bypassed! Where did you hear this? Maybe in 10 years time!
    Castleisland has the second widest street in Ireland (after O' Connell street)

Even if it was theres a big island in the middle of the road and cars parked up on either side and double parking at times makes it half the width.

Being honest castleisland is as much fun as being in rathkeale and abbeyfeale. Nothing to see or do. I know den joes food is good but does anyone actually cook at home in castleisland!!!! :pac:

Noviceman wrote: »
    so did Mick Galwey, Mick Doyle and Tom Doyle, all Irish internationals, does Tralee rugby club have that record I wonder??

Not yet. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

All Things To Do ( 1-3 of 3 )

Lol :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Yes,if ever a town needed a bypass its castleisland.

Looks ike we all got our wish :D
    Transport Minister Mr. Noel Dempsey, T.D. and NRA CEO, Mr. Fred Barry today (28/01/08) announced details of the Government’s €1.44 billion investment in National Roads Programme 2009
    • N21 Castleisland Bypass will start construction in 2009

NRA press release

• Advertisement

tech2 wrote: »
    Looks ike we all got our wish :D

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Any news of an Abbeyfeale by-pass, or, on the other side of the county, a Macroom by-pass.

Advertisement