Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C905 or N96?

• 25-11-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I'm having a hard time choosing between these two phones. One of them will be my next handset. I need some help in choosing!

Pros of the N96:
    Bigger screen.
    Better video recording.
    Symbian(?) - excellent home screen showing todays calendar events at a glance.
    16GB internal memory
    Kickstand
    Stereo speakers

Cons of the N96:
    Slower processor - apparently a much slower and less responsive OS (that would drive me nuts)
    No dedicated graphics chip (but not a major thing for me). Gaming on it would be just as bad as the C905.
    Poor shutter for image taking.

Pros of the C905:
    Excellent 8.1MP camera, one of the best currently available.
    Xenon Flash+Led light for videos.
    Stunning Design (imo)
    Has most of the important features of the N96 (GPS, wifi, etc.)
    €100+ cheaper than N96

Cons of the C905:
    Smaller screen
    No significant memory included
    Poor video recording resolution
    Fewer apps available compared to Nokia + Symbian
    ?

I'm leaning towards the C905 atm.

Yes, I've read about the Innov8 and N85 and while they're similar they are awful looking imo, bad designs. It really is between the N96 and C905 for me.

Does anyone have these phones? Some opinions would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I think the design is virtually identical between the N96 and N85 and as such, should be put into your choice; this is just my opinion. Between the C905 and the N85, I would opt for the N85 as the screen is supposedly one of the best available on any handset. I played with a C905 recently and although nice, I have had 5 Sony Ericsson handsets over the past 4 years so I am a SE fan, I would still opt for the N85, due to the wealth of 3rd party applications, more multi-tasking options available and a better design.

The N96, as you claimed, is slower than it should be and is a bit of a letdown. If you need the storage, I would go for it, but honestly, there are better handsets out there and at a cheaper price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Just a note on one of your Cons about the C905,
    there are a tonne for apps available for the C905,it has the SE Java platform, so most of the existing java application should work on the C905 (see getjar.com for some of the Java apps out there

Advertisement