Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could kill 'em

Options
  • 25-11-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭

We all have shows that we hate but what about characters that annoy us so much we need to believe they are real just so we could send them to the darkest recesses of hell. I certainly have a few but here are my top three telly terrors.

1. Lisa Simpson: the biggest know it all of all time. She'd even have the audacity to question Stephen Fry. My suggestion is to take a hammer to her.

2. That thing that looks like a cross between a well worn shoe and a rice crispie from Sex and the City. Carrie i believe it is! Oh how i've been forced to watch your winey face on my evenings off.

3. And the winner is the single most annoying, punch worthy, ball breaker ever to grace God's green earth is Carla from Scrubs. Her need to be right makes everyone wish they were dead.

Is it the great writing that makes them characters that are reacted to? i don't know but if i was a black guy with diabetes and she was a Dominican nurse then i'd watch out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Jack from Lost.

I actually stopped watching the entire show because I detested that character. He was bossy, whiney, patronising and basically a complete bastard, yet everyone on the island revered him like the world's greatest hero.

Also, the main character from Grey's Anatomy, because the actress who plays her is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Most of the females on Grey's Anatomy, with their "kookiness", are irritating as fuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Oh, anyone that's made out to be "kookie" annoys the hell out of me.
    • Carrie (SaTC) would be the number one figure of hate.
    • The wife on My Family.
    • Oh and while not technically characters, the Eggheads from the quiz of the same name. There's one creepy guy on that, loves to answer each question by explaining how he knows the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Everybody mentioned + those bints on xpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Noel Edmonds :mad: and every single person who has ever featured on one of his shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bébhinn91

1: Sara Sidle from CSI:Crime Scene Investigation. God she just wrecks my head:) 2: The entire shower of characters from CSI:Miami. Between them they could'nt act their way out of a paper bag! 3: Martha from Doctor Who OMG soooo annoying:)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Spencer from the hills. he's got a face you'd love to punch. i would rip hes f**king head off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This twat would get a proper bashing off me.

lorcan.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Haha forgot about that little gimp. Wonder what he's up to these days? Probably getting surgery for his jutjaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Haha totally with you on Lisa Simpson.. she cost her family 250 million!

The entire cast of Sex and the City.

The entire "Cast" of The Hills.

Claire from Heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Deacon's wife from The King Of Queens. What a c**t. Niles from Frasier too. And everyone in Everybody Loves Raymond. Actually, i should just stop watching Paramount.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Aidric wrote: »

lorcan.jpg

Just when everyone should've forgotten about him, ya hadda bring him back!

Deacon's wife from The King Of Queens. What a c**t. Niles from Frasier too. And everyone in Everybody Loves Raymond. Actually, i should just stop watching Paramount.....

Sometimes looking within oneself is the easiest answer :P

[*]Oh and while not technically characters, the Eggheads from the quiz of the same name. There's one creepy guy on that, loves to answer each question by explaining how he knows the answer.
    [/LIST]

Oh my god I HATE this f*cker.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Let's see, the four main characters from Will and Grace would do nicely. Preferably via being driven off a cliff so we could hear the really gay one and the loud bitch screaming all the way down.

Monica and Chandler from Friends. And Joey. And Phoebe. I'll spare Ross. Just. Rachel too only because she's hot.

Parkman from Heroes. What good does he do besides looking permanently bewildered?

Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I always hated this character. Oz ruled the earth and this girl had NO personality. Useless. I think even Buffy hated her.

Conor from Angel. I always disliked this character. I'm tempted to say Cordelia too as I hated her character later on in the series but she wasn't that annoying in earlier.

Homer Simpson. Controversial? Maybe, but in recent seasons he has become too f*cking annoying. A whiny, irritating embarrassment of a character. I think I'd let Randy Marsh from South Park do the honours. It would be a fitting passing of the torch I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oh my god I HATE this f*cker.
    Is it this guy on the right?

eggheads.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Jesus, lucky for them they have brains..

The guy on the right failed the Last of the Summer Wine audition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

eggheads.jpg
    The one who freaks me out the most is the guy 2nd from the right.

I can imagine him going home to his blow-up doll at the end of a long days eggheading and taking out his frustrations on her in the most awful ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Claire from "Heroes" is definitely on the top of my list...

Every single character from the new "Knight Rider" series (including the car)...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I could actually List 20 But my top 5:

1: Lisa from the Simpsons (For all the reasons said by the OP)
    2: Claire from Heroes: (My god young-one yes your deadly but learn to act)
    3: Carrie Sex and the City (I could name all 4 but i'd take her down first)
    4: Meridith Grey's Anatomy ( Whiney/Annoying/Not deadly/Cant Act)
    5: Mrs Buket Keeping up apperaences ( TBF suppose to annoy you but I still hate her)

"Reality" Poeple top 5 (Not in any Order)

1: Sharon Osborne (So fake on camera its mind boggeling noone calls her on it)
    2; Jermey Kyle (Say no more really)
    3: Ya Man Fron Egg heads as mentioned who explains everything
    4: Everyone who's appeared on Deal or no deal
    5: I'd have to go with Oprah (For the same reason as Sharon Osborne)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Seoige sisters,especially the one with the crooked mouth who looks like she's had a stroke.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »

lorcan.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but who is he?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

he's yer man from Dundalk who participated(unwisely) in My Super Sweet 16.
    Arguably one of the most obnoxious and ugly stars EVAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

yeah he was on an Irish episode of my super sweet sixteen. i remember him telling the lad in the suit shop he wanted a blue suit. hilarious.

can't believe i forgot about Meredith Grey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Pigman II wrote: »
    eggheads.jpg
    The one who freaks me out the most is the guy 2nd from the right.

I can imagine him going home to his blow-up doll at the end of a long days eggheading and taking out his frustrations on her in the most awful ways.

thats Kevin i think. the brain of britain yet he doesn't look like a pig wearing a hat (on the far left)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Let's see, the four main characters from Will and Grace would do nicely. Preferably via being driven off a cliff so we could hear the really gay one and the loud bitch screaming all the way down.

Monica and Chandler from Friends. And Joey. And Phoebe. I'll spare Ross. Just. Rachel too only because she's hot.

Parkman from Heroes. What good does he do besides looking permanently bewildered?

Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I always hated this character. Oz ruled the earth and this girl had NO personality. Useless. I think even Buffy hated her.

Conor from Angel. I always disliked this character. I'm tempted to say Cordelia too as I hated her character later on in the series but she wasn't that annoying in earlier.

Homer Simpson. Controversial? Maybe, but in recent seasons he has become too f*cking annoying. A whiny, irritating embarrassment of a character. I think I'd let Randy Marsh from South Park do the honours. It would be a fitting passing of the torch I reckon.

.... Just no.

:)
    Wait,yes to the will and grace cast. No to everything else.

Nerin wrote: »
    .... Just no.

:)
    Wait,yes to the will and grace cast. No to everything else.

Why? Because Homer has been funny in the last 10-12 years?

amacachi wrote: »
    Why? Because Homer has been funny in the last 10-12 years?

I liked the tara character even though i was a big oz fan. Thought connor was cool,but the character was kinda wasted. Homer is a tricky one,torn whether to stick by him or feed him to the cats

Nerin wrote: »
    I liked the tara character even though i was a big oz fan. Thought connor was cool,but the character was kinda wasted. Homer is a tricky one,torn whether to stick by him or feed him to the cats

10 years of not being in any way entertaining is enough in my opinion.

Degsy wrote: »
    he's yer man from Dundalk who participated(unwisely) in My Super Sweet 16.
    Arguably one of the most obnoxious and ugly stars EVAR!

Ah yes, I read the thread about him.
    I don't have MTV so alas could not watch it. I did see the link to his Bebo page though! :D

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    10 years of not being in any way entertaining is enough in my opinion.

Its hit or miss for me,hence i'm on the fence. Ooh rhymes

Advertisement