Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless device

• 25-11-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

lads,
    I have wireless BB at home along with that wireless xbox receiver yoke.
    I have tried getting the xbox online before but with no joy, going through the automatic setup etc.
    Did anybody have problems doing this, do I need specific ISP details?
    I keep getting an Únable to connect' message.

Do I need an xbox live account - I know I need an account to play online etc but do I need an account to simply connect to make sure my service is up and running.
    sorry for the vagueness of the details, it has been a while since I tried to configure the two devices

Your thoughts Please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Are you running the connectivity tests in the dashboard? What step does it fail on? That will be a good indicator as to what exactly is going on.

Every account you create should be a silver account I think (someone confirm?), so that shouldn't be a problem (if I'm right!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You will need a Live account in order to connect and download the updates etc, but only a free Silver account is required for that. To be able to play games online you'll need a Gold account, but your Silver one will get upgraded to a Gold one for one month once you connect so don't worry about that just yet.

You may need to change the firewall settings on your router to medium or low if it's one of the Eircom Netopia ones before you'll get a connection.

Advertisement