Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vengbus.....

Options
  • 25-11-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has broken down.........

Not by any fault of the vengaboys i may add...

Let our esteemed VP of Services and Trading (who i may add ran last year on a basis of having events!!!!) know how you feel, add your comment here:

http://www.ditsu.ie/news-app/story.3873/title.the-vengaboys

So, for the record. 1st semester...

2 events organised. No Halloween Ball. And now, 1 event cancelled.

As a result the entire ents calender for semester 1 consisted of 1 gig, which wasn't even 1/2 full.

Nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

No loss really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebulbman

Has broken down.........

Not by any fault of the vengaboys i may add...

Let our esteemed VP of Services and Trading (who i may add ran last year on a basis of having events!!!!) know how you feel, add your comment here:

http://www.ditsu.ie/news-app/story.3873/title.the-vengaboys

So, for the record. 1st semester...

2 events organised. No Halloween Ball. And now, 1 event cancelled.

As a result the entire ents calender for semester 1 consisted of 1 gig, which wasn't even 1/2 full.

Nice.

I totally aggree with you and it is a pure joke its not about the venga boys its about what is going on and why the feck nothing is going on in events not a good vibe around today but something has to give and I just heard that the venga bus is back on the road again and headin to DIT I S..T you not.....so the venga bus is now again coming.....but sure this will prob change.....again.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Bah..... It's only the Vengaboys. The last time they impressed was around 2000.(I can actually pinpoint there downfall to two weeks after their big hit, "Uncle John from Jamaica")

The VP of services and Trading should forget the whole thing and start thinking outside the box.

i.e. Mystery Recession Tour to Iceland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Fine if your not impressed , go to the su and tell them that or get involved with the su and try to organised this kinda stuff yourself , as its not an easy job i am sure. both optitions are better then making a pointless thread where you moan about stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Fine if your not impressed , go to the su and tell them that or get involved with the su and try to organised this kinda stuff yourself , as its not an easy job i am sure. both optitions are better then making a pointless thread where you moan about stuff.

Students have studying to do. That's why DITSU has some paid staffers to work on this kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 santoselhapler

Who has said i am not involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

They are being paid for a service which i'snt being provided. They are also the ones who constantly remind us to complain if were not getting the service we should.

In all fairness there has been fúck all done regards big nights out. If i remember correctly they also organised a night where hundreds of people were turned away with tickets because the place was full?? How do u manage to sell too many tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Dunne, Flinter et al don't seem to be very active on this here board.

Or at all according to some boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Who has said i am not involved?

fine if you are , point i was making that threads like this on boards normally turn into big bitch/moan topics , where the problem is not really adressed . But as people have pointed out they are being paid for a service , and they are not providing it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no name dropping folk, tis not nice to point fingers on privately ownd forums, mr cloud will get a nasty letter if we get too bitchy

that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

15 quid, cheap? pffft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

TCD Ents had the Vengaboys in the Button Factory last week and it was only €12 with free entry to Citibar with the ticket afterwards, surely something better can be sorted out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Linku wrote: »
    TCD Ents had the Vengaboys in the Button Factory last week and it was only €12 with free entry to Citibar with the ticket afterwards, surely something better can be sorted out...

Yeh come on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

no name dropping folk, tis not nice to point fingers on privately ownd forums, mr cloud will get a nasty letter if we get too bitchy

that is all

Huh? What do you mean? I'm talking about the board members registered in those names...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Since coming to DIT, I noticed that the Ents were ****e, but I never realised we paid someone to do that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Just putting it out there but if UCD can get Will Ferrell, Aaoron Eckheart, JK Rowling and Tommy Tiernan to name just a few in the space of a year.....

Why the hell can't we get at the very least the bleeding vengaboys????

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Supermax, I don't think the majority of those were organised by UCD Ents. Societies are usually the ones who bring those chaps in for honorary memberships and whatnot. I'm pretty sure that either L&H or LawSoc brought Ferrell, Eckhart and Rowling. Tommy Tiernan, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

I see.......My apologies

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yevveh wrote: »
    Supermax, I don't think the majority of those were organised by UCD Ents. Societies are usually the ones who bring those chaps in for honorary memberships and whatnot. I'm pretty sure that either L&H or LawSoc brought Ferrell, Eckhart and Rowling. Tommy Tiernan, not sure.

yup correct, art soc and law soc get in guests not ents

Advertisement