Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurray for Ray

Options
  • 25-11-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Picture the scene - an hour ago, its dark , its cold, and I hit the button to bring the heating on, there is a buzzing noise, an acrid burning smell and ....... nothing - the digital programmer is as dead as a dodo.

I rang Ray of DH installations, who have been mentioned and recommended here previously, hoping he would be able to take a look maybe tomorrow or day after. He was a top banana - called in on his way home, took a look and will make it all better tomorrow evening. The unit was completely burnt out, and he will put in a new one.

Meanwhile, the pizza oven is blazing and the dogs can earn their keep and warm up the bed lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Basil Brush

can't say I had the same helpful experience with him:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

JFYI - friends of ours that live in the park were told by Durkans that all digital programmer heating thingies called SUN VIC were recalled as they are faulty now they said that 3 letters had been sent out to all residents. However I live in the park and have one of these and have received no letter? I have also luckily never had a problem with said programmer though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

We've had to replace that digital controller twice. The first time, one of the builders took a replacement box from an unoccupied house so that obviously didn't last too long either. A friend of mine replaced the box with a slightly different model and it's been fine since.

Advertisement