Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I any chance of Renting a Property before Christmas?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I have a house in Dundrum that I want to rent. 3 bed-semi.
    If it went on the market tomorrow. Would it be gone by Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If it were cheap enough, yes.
    You'd have to price below what people would expect to pay in that area, I imagine most people are reluctant to move before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Who knows - if there is someone out there looking for a place in Dundrum it will rent. If you don't advertise it then you definitely won't rent it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We can't make that promise :pac:

Use daft.ie but also www.placemyad.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

If you price it competitively and are realistic, of course.

If you hold out for "what its worth" - maybe Xmas 2015.

I've just moved into a place that was priced well and advertised well with lots of pictures. Our LL didn't have one void day

How much rent would you expect for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Not a great time of year for the rental market and rents are lower than they were. Figure out the right price and get it on the market. There is a good chance you will have a tenant in it at the beginning of Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

There are quite a few ads on daft looking for places to rent and some looking for houses.

Would you mind renting to someone who had a dog. These people find it hard to get a place to rent with a pet.

Advertisement