Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling helmet wanted for kid

• 25-11-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I don't know if it's the best place for that but my son urgently needs a hurling helmet for his training starting this Thursday. He is a bit big for 9 years so even Medium size would fit him.

Can collect in Waterford or nearby.

If you have some old helmet or know anyone who might have one, I would gladly take or buy it.

Thanks,
    Kris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Is he training with a club or school - both would usually sell helmets, and usually they would have spare ones for beginners, maybe that would be better than forking out the money in case he gives up after a few weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

fudark I'll get my boys to have a look tomorrow. Not sure what we have.

If you're going to buy a new one get it through the school or club as they're usually about half the price that the shops charge.

Get him to ask at school tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

RAFC wrote: »
    Is he training with a club or school - both would usually sell helmets, and usually they would have spare ones for beginners, maybe that would be better than forking out the money in case he gives up after a few weeks :)

It's the first year of huring training in the school and they have no equipment. I'll ask around today anyway.
    I know there's no point in buying a new one, so I'm looking for a used one, cheap or free to rent for few weeks so that my son finds out if hurling is his thing.

Kris

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

Go to mt sion club and ask behind the bar they have helmets,hurleys and lots more for cost price

Go to mt sion club and ask behind the bar they have helmets,hurleys and lots more for cost price

Where is that club? In the Mt Sion school?

• Advertisement

Rice park top of dominics place

Thanks.
    Tried Mt Sion club, and they have helmets for sale only. Still they are half price compared to shops.

Kris

fudark wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Tried Mt Sion club, and they have helmets for sale only. Still they are half price compared to shops.

Kris

Yeah thought they would best of luck anyway

Advertisement