Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6', slim build - Will a Mini City be in any ways comfortable?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title says, I want to know is a Mini City is a viable option for me. Anyone have one, what height are you and how much clearance is there?

Also, would bucket seats help?

Thanks,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭blackbox

You definitely won't fit in the back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

you're talking about the old, "classic" mini Mini ?

I'm 6'2" and not so slim, had one for quite a while. No problems ...although I did have extended seat runners and no-one could really sit behind me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I had a cooper sportspack for a few years... same jobby really, just a tweak here and there. I am small though and fitted in fine, they are not comfortable to drive long distance no matter what size you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

peasant wrote: »

I'm 6'2" and not so slim, had one for quite a while. No problems ...although I did have extended seat runners and no-one could really sit behind me

Yeah, circa 1986.

The back will be full of airsoft kit anyways(see sports-airsoft). I have two very small friends too, they would definitely fit :D

The one I'm looking at has bucket seats, so I should be good, think I'll go check it out tommorow :)

Thanks Lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah, circa 1986.

The back will be full of airsoft kit anyways(see sports-airsoft). I have two very small friends too, they would definitely fit :D

The one I'm looking at has bucket seats, so I should be good, think I'll go check it out tommorow :)

Thanks Lads.

Lol, if your serious about that Hippy Bus VW (in your sig) i know of one for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There is more room than you would think in the old mini. That was my first car, and had no problems, and I am 6ft with a stocky build. You won't fit much more than a gym bag in the boot though. If the bucket seats are not factory fitted, then I think there is a chance that they are not on runners, so they may not be adjustable. Fantastic cars though, great fun to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

eoin_s wrote: »
    There is more room than you would think in the old mini. That was my first car, and had no problems, and I am 6ft with a stocky build. You won't fit much more than a gym bag in the boot though. If the bucket seats are not factory fitted, then I think there is a chance that they are not on runners, so they may not be adjustable. Fantastic cars though, great fun to drive.

I have always liked them but I really wouldnt feel safe in one, especially not on our roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Myself and my friend had Mini's. I had 1 and he had 3. And we're both 6'3". People used to laugh at us when we got out of the cars. There's loads of space inside but getting in and out can be a bit wearing. People use the seat extenders but I never had them.

Biggest problem with a mini is because its such a long way to drop into the seat its easy to sit on your own b0llox - Adds 10mins to any journey:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

We've a guy over at miniclub.ie same height as yourself, and he's just finished building a Zcar Mini - rollcage, horizontal shocks, carbon fibre roof/bonnet/tailgate, rwd, 240Bhp Honda engine, seqential gearbox, and really tight bucket seats. If he can fit in that, you can definitely fit in a Mini City.

There are various kits you can also get to lower/raise the seat if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

ned78 wrote: »
    We've a guy over at miniclub.ie same height as yourself, and he's just finished building a Zcar Mini - rollcage, horizontal shocks, carbon fibre roof/bonnet/tailgate, rwd, 240Bhp Honda engine, seqential gearbox, and really tight bucket seats.

Any pics Ned? Sounds excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Any pics Ned? Sounds excellent.
    +1

Show up all them boy racers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

peasant wrote: »

You'd be surprised what tiny a space people will fit in to - behind 6'4" me in a Fiat Panda...

OP - I've driven a 1990s Mini, was difficult getting in and out but I could drive it fine. It was harder to get in and out of the sodding hire Micra I had!

Advertisement