Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems connecting to FIFA online

• 25-11-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Having problems trying to connect to the EA servers to play online games. Its strange... Any time I try to do anything online it says that I need to connect to XBOX Live and to the EA servers. I'm on XBOX live but cannot connect to the EA servers for some reason... has been happening for the last few nights... Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Any time I lose connection with an opponent (ie: he didn't turn off his 360 or quit), and i go looking for a new game, it always saying I'm connecting to the EA servers.

I think this is a little dodgy how it can just happen like that in a lag free game. I've got 10mb magnet, so I know its not my internet speed and everything keeps working away fine on the pc when this happens....

Strange alright, doesn't happen very often, but I just hope it doesnt happen during any league or ranked matches. I've like 7 loses on ranked matches so far, and 3 of them, this has happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

I cant even get that far a lot of the time. Once I turn on the machine it connects to Live but cannot connect to the EA server for some reason and wont let me play on line. Havent been able to connect for 2 days now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah, only time I haven't been able to connect to the EA servers has been when they are down completely and nobody can connect to them.

Strange problem to have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rainyface wrote: »
    I cant even get that far a lot of the time. Once I turn on the machine it connects to Live but cannot connect to the EA server for some reason and wont let me play on line. Havent been able to connect for 2 days now

I couldn't play online 2 nights ago, said I couldn't connect to the servers...lasted about 2 hours and when I did eventually connect, a Adidas league update went through. It was weird because everyone else seemed to be able to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Yea same problem by the sounds of it. I can see most of you guys playing along on Live but for some reason it wont let me!
    Its head wrecking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's happened to me twice, lost connection on a league game yet I was still on xbox live. Problem with EA I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Servers down??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Rainyface wrote: »
    Yea same problem by the sounds of it. I can see most of you guys playing along on Live but for some reason it wont let me!
    Its head wrecking

Could be a router problem...Is your settings restricted moderate or open??

Test your settings and if its restricted or moderate you might be having port problems with the EA server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

I think its something to do with the EA Servers. Over the xmas season everyones of work,college,school etc and the servers cant cope with the amount of people online. It will be all back to normal in a week or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement