Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Friday OFFICAL THREAD!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

+1 for this idea, and if people had any sense they'd support it. :)
    It'd be like the bargain alerts for PW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cheap Wrestling stuff = SERIOUS BUSINESS

Ive read rumours of 33% sale from ROH. But the real deals will appear on the day of.

Not Black Friday related but Highspots are offering Christmas packs:
    http://www.highspots.com/category.asp?id=640

An idea for young uns

Rey Mysterio Fan Pack:
    http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=20724&category=640

Fan Pack Special: John Cena
    http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=20728&category=640

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

TNA are having a 50-75% sale but you get seriously nabbed for customs because of Fedex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

black Friday is great unless you actually have to go into shops haha never again, cleaned up on roh last year unfortunately I dont have anything left that I want to get except the edge DVD but that probably wouldnt be here by chrimbo anyway

• Advertisement

TNA are having a 50-75% sale but you get seriously nabbed for customs because of Fedex.

If tna used usps they'd have themselves a good little shop

EdK wrote: »
    If tna used usps they'd have themselves a good little shop

DONT even mention USPS my Flair DVD still hasnt arrived.

Mine arrived yesterday took bang on a week which is very acceptable

Mine arrived yesterday took bang on a week which is very acceptable

drkmarkout1zh6.gif

rovert wrote: »
    drkmarkout1zh6.gif

Ah its not that good really :p

• Advertisement

Yeah I know I tried to find the gif of the Jericho backstage interview where he just scowls and says nothing! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

drkmarkout1zh6.gif

DR.KEITH = BUYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Didn't realise that was this Friday. Coincidentally, I was listening to Dr Keith's most recent show earlier and he mentioned Black Friday and I decided that I've got to buy a load of ROH DVDs to try to catch up

I wonder if there's any decent new t-shirts around. I saw some recently that looked terrible, Nigel McGuinness' being one

DR.KEITH = BUYS

Yep

But Last Call with Raven & Sandman aint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

DONT even mention USPS my Flair DVD still hasnt arrived.

Dont know whats taking yours so long rovert mines sitting next to me as i write this, although usps still has my package delivered to stafford VA on the 22nd of november

:rolleyes:

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have not got mine either, and when I check the tracking it says it still has not left the States! But anytime I have ever ordered from Highspots there have always been problems.

Ya, Black Friday sale has always been kind to me. None moreso than last year when I got the Jericho and Bret Hart books at the 35% discount from ROH. The exchange rate was alot more favourable last year as well.

Don't think I will pick up too much this year. Maybe a few ROH and NOAH dvds and might sample some Pro Wrestling RIOT and Pro Wrestling GEAR dvds as well. Not holding high hopes for the later. Ill also pick up the Omega dvd.

EDIT: Post late. Got a delivery failed notice from the postie, so liiks like my Flair DVD will be in my possession tomorrow. Huzzah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Fozzy wrote: »

I wonder if there's any decent new t-shirts around. I saw some recently that looked terrible, Nigel McGuinness' being one

There's a swell Sweet 'N' Sour inc one floating around, that's not your average wrestling shirt.

Black Friday's always a great sale. I might pick up the Japanese ROH shows and the Flair shoot, although i would imagine some of the more recent wwe stuff will come off the site before the sale starts, which sometimes happens before big sales.

There's a swell Sweet 'N' Sour inc one floating around, that's not your average wrestling shirt.

Black Friday's always a great sale. I might pick up the Japanese ROH shows and the Flair shoot, although i would imagine some of the more recent wwe stuff will come off the site before the sale starts, which sometimes happens before big sales.

I've noticed that too but I was wondering do they pull it or does it go out of stock as sometimes wwe DVDs reappear after awhile,I'm in the market for edge and best of Dragongate hopefully they'll have them, they had more stock last year books and stuff not a whole lot that I want or can afford at this stage, over spent a touch this month on merch :o

I've noticed that too but I was wondering do they pull it or does it go out of stock as sometimes wwe DVDs reappear after awhile,I'm in the market for edge and best of Dragongate hopefully they'll have them, they had more stock last year books and stuff not a whole lot that I want or can afford at this stage, over spent a touch this month on merch :o

I'm pretty sure they pull all the WWE three-disc sets, though they might keep anything that's not selling particularly well. I think they keep the b-level PPV's on during the big sales though. No Mercy would be a good pick-up IMO, for what you'd pay.
    That Best of Dragongate set looks awesome.

That Best of Dragongate set looks awesome.

Ive heard its from a pretty dull period from Dragongate. Someone has described it as a Best of ROH from end of September 06 to Battle Of The Icons Feb 07. Which was a ****ty period indeed minus a match or two.

• Advertisement

It isnt even Friday yet:
    "When you place your items into the shopping cart use the coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY"

and click apply before proceeding to checkout to receive your 50% off discount."

http://bvdvd.com

ROH'S:
    BLACK FRIDAY SALE- SAVE 35%-40% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!
    Thursday, November 27, 2008

BLACK FRIDAY SALE- 35%-40% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

It's that time of the year, and Ring of Honor is offering a tremendous savings to our loyal fans. You can now save 35%-40% off your order on all items listed on the website with no minimum purchase. This sale includes all DVD's, tickets, books, apparel, & more. Besides ROH DVD's you can also save money on Non-ROH items. You can save money with every order you place at www.rohwrestling.com. All orders under $100 save 35% off the order. Orders that are $100 and up save 40% off the order. This is the first time ever we've offered 40% off your order.

This is also a great chance to save money on tickets to all upcoming live ROH events.

To redeem your 35% Off Coupon for orders under $100 just follow these 2 simple steps:
    1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
    2) Enter the coupon code: friday35 into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.

To redeem your 40% Off Coupon for orders $100 and above just follow these 2 simple steps:
    1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
    2) Enter the coupon code: friday40 into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.

Offer ends on 11/29 at noon EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. Gift certificates and ROH DVD Subscription Packages are not included in the sale. Preorder items are not included in the sale. No adjustments to prior purchases. Offer valid only on new orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above. Offer is good while supplies last.

they took down the edge DVD damnit:mad:

^ I have taken advantage of the ROH one already. I picked up Respect Is Earned II, Northern Navigation, Death Before Dishonor VI and Age Of Insanity. Also picked up the Dragongate best ofdespite what I said above and the MEGA one. Grand total including shipping $91. With the exchange rate I think that works out approx €75. Good start to the day. Ill peruse Highspots ina bit see is there any books worth getting. Any recommends?

video1's ;):
    RF Video is giving the biggest sale of the year today in our special BLACK FRIDAY SALE!!! Get 30% off your entire cart!!! No fancy discount codes needed. Simply add the items you want to buy to your cart and during checkout a 30% discount will be deducted! We are the number one shop for all your pro-wrestling video and dvd needs. This is the perfect sale to get great gifts for friends, family and yourself of course! This sale ends Saturday November 29th, 2008 at 12am est.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

RF put up the price of the Flair shoot so that its still the 25 bucks when you got to check out. Cnuts.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    RF put up the price of the Flair shoot so that its still the 25 bucks when you got to check out. Cnuts.

Get the four disc version instead from Highspots

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Got the Roderick Strong t-shirt and the Angle dvd,came out to 26 euro all in,not bad :)

Highspots arent having a sale at all are they?

• Advertisement

Highspots arent having a sale at all are they?

???

As i'd thought, the ROH black friday sale is really impressive... though they did take out all the WWE dvds, aside from regular PPV's. They've also pulled all pre-orders. But it's certainly a great deal for anyone wanting to catch up on ROH or Shimmer etc...

The IC title dvd and Eddie DVD were there earlier, i cant find enough to get that wouldnt be impulse buying so i think i'm going to have to give it a miss this year, funds are low :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is there any site having a decent sale that sells our region (2?) DVDs

Bubs101 wrote: »

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/

?

Black Friday on a British site though?

• Advertisement

I answered your question feel free to report me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

But the question you asked was:

:D

I'd never do that, miss the controversy
    callaway92 wrote: »
    But the question you asked was:

:D

But it's not a Black Friday sale on Silvervision hence my disbelief that there'd be a Black Friday sale on a British site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

But it's not a Black Friday sale on Silvervision hence my disbelief that there'd be a Black Friday sale on a British site

You didnt say anything about Black Friday in your question though..You asked is there any site having a sale..Silvervision is a site..and it is having a good sale:)

Sorry for going off topic

My bad. 3 nights up in a row doing essays have taken their toll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

???

Good input.

Are they?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Good input.

Please take on my other contributions to this thread before making comments like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

???

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Good input.

Are they?
    Please take on my other contributions to this thread before making comments like this.

Ok, I'm growing very weary of this kind of crap on here.

If you are replying to a post, do so using words. This is a discussion forum, posts should be conducive to discussion. You have a full keyboard, use it.

If you have a problem with a post, report it.

Dragging threads off topic will get you banned.

Back-seat modding will get you banned.

The over-ruling and all covering message of this post, be civil when posting.

I shouldn't even have to say this, it's all covered in the charter.

I'm getting sick of repeating myself. I've tried to ease off and give people lee-way, but if needs be I'll go back to banning straight off the bat again.

I can see orestes obtaining a world record the way bans are being handed out there these days. :D

Bubs, you not remote hacked your DVD yet? I only ask because i can't think of any other reason you'd wanna get shafted on paying UK prices for DVDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Slightly off topic, but someone mentioned that this could be a bargain alerts style thread:

Do gamestop have any rhyme or rhythm to their sales of WWE dvds ? And do they have any specials on around Xmas ? I'd like to pick up a few of the auld taggered classics. 23 bob a pop is a bit much on Slivervision.
    Do HMV ever do any specials on WWE dvds ? They've some dirt cheap 3for €25 fairly newish (this yr) titles on sale atm but I've never seen any reductions on WWE dvds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Bans just finished so I missed out on the black Friday posting :(

Anyways was annoyed @ roh taking down the edge dvd but still managed to get hell in a cell for €20 of rfvideo.
    2 Tshirtrs and 5 dvds for around €70 is never bad.

See rohs basic black Friday discount(30%)was bettered with their weekend long 35%.Its a gamble with these sales if they get better or worse!!

The ROH Black Friday sale was 35-40% it didnt get worse :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

jeffk wrote: »

Anyways was annoyed @ roh taking down the edge dvd but still managed to get hell in a cell for €20 of rfvideo.
    2 Tshirtrs and 5 dvds for around €70 is never bad.

See rohs basic black Friday discount(30%)was bettered with their weekend long 35%.Its a gamble with these sales if they get better or worse!!

For what it's worth , the Hell in a Cell dvd is £18 on Silvervision and if you can pay with Sterling that comes to €21.75. Although, of course if you've to pay with Euros it's €28

jeffk wrote: »

In the event that you get banned again, you do know you can still read the forum if you log out of your boards a/c?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Must`ve gotten mixed up so :confused:,i withdraw that so,the once a year thing catches me out.

Alan ive said that before using xe.com and then your credit card(or my one)decides a cross border charge will sort you out.
    I said twenty as i got on the road with taijari and super crazy and hiac for 30 and hiac was bought as a present of my bro for xmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement