Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - The Song.

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:05pm

We all know that there are a lot of members using Boards.ie. And even more people who browse it, for whatever reason it might be.

So I will put this to you, fellow Boardsie's. How about we record a song. Not only just a song, but a number one song in the charts. Written, produced, and more importantly, bought by you, the boardsie's. The sheer volume of you will guarantee a slot in the number one spot.

But to sweeten the deal, how about all the proceeds from this going to the Santa Strike Force!

So we are looking for people who can write songs and have any facilities that will help us achieve this goal. Anyone interested? Any comments?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I support this invasion of the charts

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sooooo very in. No problem writing, playing a bit of guitar or bass for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Playing and singing here. Are we a bit late though?

If anything it would be for after the christmas, or else for next christmas.

What exactly would the song be about? Do Not Want Yore Ma?

• Advertisement

I have no idea.

But I know there's a well of people here who might, so I would be delighted in whatever people can come up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only if the video is a parody of We Are The World or Do They Know It's Christmas.

biko wrote: »
    Only if the video is a parody of We Are The World or Do They Know It's Christmas.

That would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

How about singing
    He's got the whole world in his hands............................

then insert every boards username in, in each verse. It would be awesome:)

minime1 wrote: »
    How about singing
    He's got the whole world in his hands............................

then insert every boards username in, in each verse. It would be awesome:)

180,000 users posting on boards, 180,000 users! And if only one user were to accidently get banned, there'd be 179,999 users...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya we will sing band aids song

xbox36016 wrote: »
    ya we will sing band aids song

Feeed the troooo-ooollls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Seriously, can we do this for 2009?

It's too late for 2008 I think. But for 2009 I think it might even be possible for us to get number 1. Imagine that! :D

I'm in anyways, I play guitar and bass and can do some synths and schtuff... :p

Rent a big hall somewhere and then get as many boardsies as possible there to record the chorus. :cool: :cool:

Dord wrote: »
    Seriously, can we do this for 2009?

It's too late for 2008 I think. But for 2009 I think it might even be possible for us to get number 1. Imagine that! :D

I'm in anyways, I play guitar and bass and can do some synths and schtuff... :p

Rent a big hall somewhere and then get as many boardsies as possible there to record the chorus. :cool: :cool:

Yeah, we could do something call and response on the chorus, maybe with the male boardsies and the female :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

"180,000 users posting on boards.ie, 180,000 users!!!
    CuLt site bans one, they start a prison thread, we all laugh!
    179,999 users posting on boards.ie!

179,999 users posting on boards.ie, 179,999 users!!!
    CuLt site bans one, they start a prison thread, we all laugh!
    179,998 users posting on boards.ie!

6 users posting on boards.ie, 6 users!!!
    CuLt site bans one... and loses his job"

(cos the other 5 are the admins) :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I think this is a great idea, I'll certainly help out if I can.

I cant sing or write music though but if you need something heavy lifted give me a shout.

Would it be able to top yore ma's song though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya we will do a killers song like whan we whare young . replace young with on boards.ie so it will be . whan we whare on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I wasn't joking, it might actually be a good idea. Both for SSF (more funds raised? & greater awareness) and for boards.ie (more publicity and most importantly GOOD publicity) :)

Dord wrote: »
    I wasn't joking, it might actually be a good idea. Both for SSF (more funds raised? & greater awareness) and for boards.ie (more publicity and most importantly GOOD publicity) :)

Im not joking either, it'd be really cool to be involved in something like this.

Someone would have to step up and take responsibility for organisation though, imagine the amount of work in organising a bunch of completely disparate musicians etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Well I suggested Boards.ie : The Musical before but this is a much better idea!

Begs playing the triangle!

• Advertisement

Aw I wanted to play the triangle. Looks like I'm stuck with the tamborine :(

It would be interesting to know what the Admins think of this? Would they be up for this venture

Aw I wanted to play the triangle. Looks like I'm stuck with the tamborine :(

You can do the triangle harmonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Sounds like a great plan. We must make this happen, and then we can all say we have had a number one hit single! I can't sing or play an instrument or anything, but I'll help out in any way I can.

Would it be very wrong for us to do Rick Astley?! :D

orestes wrote: »
    Sounds like a great plan. We must make this happen, and then we can all say we have had a number one hit single! I can't sing or play an instrument or anything, but I'll help out in any way I can.

:D

We'd have to pay the author royalties. We could write a song about rick rolling though. :)

SDooM wrote: »

We'd have to pay the author royalties. We could write a song about rick rolling though. :)

About rick rolling yore ma AH style or rick rolling yore brother's wife in the back of a punto PI style.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

orestes wrote: »

Only in the same way that it would be wrong to see your own beating heart held in front of you.

janeybabe wrote: »
    About rick rolling yore ma AH style or rick rolling yore brother's wife in the back of a punto PI style.

As I said, DO NOT WANT YORE MA!!1!

SDooM wrote: »
    As I said, DO NOT WANT YORE MA!!1!

She'll be disappointed but she'll get over it.

Can it be about lesbian seagulls so?

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    She'll be disappointed but she'll get over it.

Can it be about lesbian seagulls so?

LOL.

I just so happen to have a lesbian seagull based song already written, by huge coincidence!

Advertisement