Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - The Song.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

As I logged on one Monday night as drunk as drunk could be,
    I saw a ban in my inbox, where my freedom of speech should be
    Well, I called pm'd dev and I said to him: "Will you kindly tell to me
    Who made that ban in my inbox where my freedom of speech should be?

"Ah, re-reg, re-reg, you silly old fool, still you can not see
    there is no freedom of speech on boards, it's a privately owned website and
    the admins are entitled to enforce what ever rules they like to protect themselves."

it's a work in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

FYI I'm a drummer...its too early in the mornin to read three pages without waking up...i mean I could read them but I wouldnt remember what any of them said...

so i'll drum...if nobody's already volunteered :D

i'll buy this, even when it turns out crap :p

I'd buy this especially if it's crap just so it'd get more airtime.

I wonder if there's any chance of getting someone to make sigs for this? I mean I would love to have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

faceman wrote: »
    Someone wrote a song about Tallaght01's Christy Brown moment and put it up on youtube. Cant find the thread, but it was class!

original songs ftw, fcuk doing covers!
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Yeah but if two of us combine we can use peer pressure to make him hand the song over!

Well, I kinda thought the song had to be about boards, or representative of it at least.

Anyway, you guys aren't implying I'm a one hit wonder, are you?

'Cos that'd be kinda cool.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Well, I kinda thought the song had to be about boards, or representative of it at least.

See I dunno. I guess once we get the submission for the lyrics we can decide then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

tbh wrote: »
    As I logged on one Monday night as drunk as drunk could be,
    I saw a ban in my inbox, where my freedom of speech should be
    Well, I called pm'd dev and I said to him: "Will you kindly tell to me
    Who made that ban in my inbox where my freedom of speech should be?

"Ah, re-reg, re-reg, you silly old fool, still you can not see
    there is no freedom of speech on boards, it's a privately owned website and
    the admins are entitled to enforce what ever rules they like to protect themselves."

it's a work in progress.

Deadly! :)

its about one of the posters, thats close enough! :)

Bumping this to see if there's any more interest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Lets write the most sexually explicit lyrics ever for a pop song, then release it as a childrens charity single. We'll be number 1 and splashed all over the Daily Mail within a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

*shakes head in sadness*

What is it about the letters DJ? :pac:

Boney, I think there's a lot of interest already, from all different kind of angles ... the next step might be to think about how it could be progressed ... even maybe have a look back over the thread, try and pull together some of the best ideas / thoughts / options which need to be thought about and decided??

Just a thought ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

*shakes head in sadness*

What is it about the letters DJ? :pac:

Boney, I think there's a lot of interest already, from all different kind of angles ... the next step might be to think about how it could be progressed ... even maybe have a look back over the thread, try and pull together some of the best ideas / thoughts / options which need to be thought about and decided??

Just a thought ... :)

Yup.

You basically need an organisey guy, a musicy writey guy, and a soundy enginerry guy, before you can go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,702 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SDooM wrote: »
    Yup.

You basically need an organisey guy, a musicy writey guy, and a soundy enginerry guy, before you can go ahead.

Book a meeting place. Serve punch and pie. They will come.

Awesome idea btw, if i had any musical talents i'd give you them, so instead i volunteer to mime in the choir!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Book a meeting place. Serve punch and pie. <free hat> They will come.

Awesome idea btw, if i had any musical talents i'd give you them, so instead i volunteer to mime in the choir!
    Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,702 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Terry wrote: »
    Fixed.

lol

could put out like a viral marketing campaign for a few months before hand, get people who dont have a clue about boards wondering, and serve as a call to arms for those that do, but dont know about the project; Could go for the Gabbo factor

*warning, image attached was done in paint in 3 minutes, but you get the idea.

attachment.php?attachmentid=67709&d=1228175566

Now ye're singing?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Myth wrote: »
    I'd buy this especially if it's crap just so it'd get more airtime.

Remember this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I'm in for this. I'm a guitarist/Sax player/Songwriter. People could throw together ideas of a general rhythm/lyrics up on youtube by a certain date and we could have a vote off maybe?

-Funk

EDIT: Should probably keep the basic rhythm simple for people to learn off and then when everything starts to come together start posting up lessons on how to play it perfectly for people to learn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'm throwing around some ideas at the moment. Have yet to write anything but the ideas are there. Might not be suitable for a "Feed the World" type effort though.
    funk-you wrote: »
    I'm in for this. I'm a guitarist/Sax player/Songwriter. People could throw together ideas of a general rhythm/lyrics up on youtube by a certain date and we could have a vote off maybe?

-Funk

It would help if we knew what kind of music you were into. Maybe write a little paragraph describing your tastes? It doesn't have to be that long; a sentence mabye or, better yet, a single word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

It would help if we knew what kind of music you were into. Maybe write a little paragraph describing your tastes? It doesn't have to be that long; a sentence mabye or, better yet, a single word.

Anything but Funk. Seriously.

-Funk

Until things get going, send any song lyrics or idea to boards.ie.song@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear what ye're coming up with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This should get its own forum. Deadline November 2009

Overheal wrote: »
    This should get its own forum. Deadline November 2009

I would like that, but it would be the admin's decision. Perhaps I should put a request on the Forums .. er .. forum.

Edit:

done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Best idea ever. :D

*grabs fonpokno and starts writing*

So it's aiming to be completed for next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

it be so smug and dry nobody would get it.

Until things get going, send any song lyrics or idea to boards.ie.song@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear what ye're coming up with!

Song construction wise there's no point doing lyrics til we have the structure settled a bit.

I would suggest a nice simple chorus which would allow something synth-ey and vaguley feed- the -world ish to be played over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ooh ooh ooh.. I could be the organisey type!

Alternatively, by that stage I should be a fairly competent drummer...

In any case, this all sounds fantastic and I want in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If anything happened to janeybabe would the triangle be up for grabs again.. It's just Ive been watching the Foo fighter triangle solo and I think I have it down. Now where did I put that hitman's number

Remake My lovely Horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If anything happened to janeybabe would the triangle be up for grabs again.. It's just Ive been watching the Foo fighter triangle solo and I think I have it down. Now where did I put that hitman's number

Remake My lovely Horse?

Well if you just asked nicely you could have joined in. :(

janeybabe wrote: »
    Well if you just asked nicely you could have joined in. :(

One person can hold it, one can hit it..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

One person can hold it, one can hit it..?

That's what he said. :P

Actually, myself and boneyarsebogman have set up a triangle harmony group.

Advertisement