Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - The Song.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

I'm all on board for this project! Offering my services as Sound Engineer and Guitar/Bass/Drums if needed :D

*Starts working on catchy song for SSF*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

SDooM wrote: »
    One person can hold it, one can hit it..?

Whoa Im all for Someone holding it but I dont like the idea of anyone hitting it. Sounds painful.... wait what were we talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can i join in on the satellite feed from Australia?

Theres a few of us here in this little country that could meet up and record from Ayers Rock or somewhere. Musical gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I'm a singer, songwriter, trainee engineer.

I'd be happy to help out.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If ye're serious about this we need to start organising soon enough.

I was talking to at least 2 other boardsies who are very up for it who have some of the skills we need, so the talent pool is there. We might even get a drummr without much difficulty. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I would buy the single :D

Unfortunately thats the only thing i can offer as i cannot sing & no good with instruments....

Great craic too, i am for "Feed the troll" can't think of anything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Feeed the troooo-ooollls...

Let them know of boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

If ye're serious about this we need to start organising soon enough.

I was talking to at least 2 other boardsies who are very up for it who have some of the skills we need, so the talent pool is there. We might even get a drummr without much difficulty. :)

Just after noticing this thread now (sorry to bump)
    But I would be well up for this if it actually happens. I play guitar mainly but I can play bass, drums, harmonica and a few others. Anyways I just want to throw my name in the hat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just as a bit of inspiration, this song about a competition on the board was posted in a different forum I use with at most a hundreth of the active members here. It's unreal (although it does use a sample but that's not uncommon for a rap song)

http://www.angrymarks.com/music/songs/cancer-KOTB%20Theme.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I think a song about Mr. P. Bear would be a great hit with the kids for Christmas. He's like Barney - except honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just as a bit of inspiration, this song about a competition on the board was posted in a different forum I use with at most a hundreth of the active members here. It's unreal (although it does use a sample but that's not uncommon for a rap song)

http://www.angrymarks.com/music/songs/cancer-KOTB%20Theme.mp3

That is ****ing amazing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Okay, so this thread is nine pages long already and it has even been decided whether or not this is going ahead.

I suggest that an album (or a double album) of original material is made instead of a song becuase one song will just turn out shít if the 2,325,657,786,787 posters on Boards (by my count) contribute to a bloated, literally by-the-numbers three minute ditty.

This really needs its own forum with someody who isn't a musician modding it so he/she can stay out of any petty arguments regarding styles or semi-clefs or whatever you pretentious pricks are into.*

*Not me, I hate precious, soulful musicians and would probably start banning everyone just out of spite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Okay, so this thread is nine pages long already and it has even been decided whether or not this is going ahead.

I suggest that an album (or a double album) of original material is made instead of a song becuase one song will just turn out shít if the 2,325,657,786,787 posters on Boards (by my count) contribute to a bloated, literally by-the-numbers three minute ditty.

This really needs its own forum with someody who isn't a musician modding it so he/she can stay out of any petty arguments regarding styles or semi-clefs or whatever you pretentious pricks are into.*

*Not me, I hate precious, soulful musicians and would probably start banning everyone just out of spite.

I don't think you'll be able to respond to this post but for other people...

I think doing a song, or a single with a couple of songs would be ideal. (maybe a remix! :D) If it's an album of boardsies songs you're after then the Bands & Musicians forum are doing something like that but not for charity.

I think having just one song is best because it will be hard enough to co-ordinate. An album would be a pain to do with the amount of people. On the people subject, one thing I've found is that a lot of people talk but not very many actually do stuff. So for 100 people who volunteered you might get 20 who actually contribute.

Anyways, I said it before but I'll mention it again. I'm seriously interested in helping out with this if it's still going ahead. :)
    But whatever happens, we need to start moving forward soon. Maybe a meeting (beers? :p) in Real Life© would be a good idea to discuss this.

Bump since these campaigns seem to have become popular on Facebook. Perhaps we should do something similar for next years Christmas Number One?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its something I have thought about but I'm going to make some readjustments to SSF so its not so dependent on me because when I dont have time, it suffers. Next year it would be cool to crowd-source a #1 hit though! :)

DeV.

If we were to use boards.ie and Facebook, there could be the possibility of trying to get the song to the UK Christmas Number One, if not the Irish one, but if that were to happen we might have to support some extra charities alongside the SSF.

Yet the question would be; would boards.ie be willing to support charities in that manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Assemble Eric Clapton, Ricky Gervais, Tom Brokaw, and Adam Sandler. You shall have your carol. You'll see. You'll ALL of you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

There was a private forum started just for this but it died of apathody. We were all gungho to get stuff done but never actually got further then discussing what the first step should be.
    I still think it's a great idea though. It has huge potential for utilising various forums across boards when you concider not just the music but also the publicity, merch, video to mention but a few.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

OldGoat wrote: »
    There was a private forum started just for this but it died of apathody. We were all gungho to get stuff done but never actually got further then discussing what the first step should be.
    I still think it's a great idea though. It has huge potential for utilising various forums across boards when you concider not just the music but also the publicity, merch, video to mention but a few.

This.

I requested a private forum to do something with this but then I got quite busy and didn't have time to work on it.

Boney, you're thinking wayyy too far ahead. Campaigns on facebook are the least of the worries. An actual song must be written and recorded. To get anywhere it'd have to be good also.

If anyone is serious about this PM me and I'll give you access. It WILL require effort, thinking and giving up free time. If you're not into that then you can buy the tune at the end. I hope that I can kick it into full steam in the new year.

I'd love to partake, but it won't be until May so I can get college out of the way first. Oh, don't worry - I only mentioned Facebook as it's how we could get the song out there alongside boards.ie.

There was a suggestion in this thread where we could maybe release an album as well - though that would probably require more effort than a single - perhaps overstating the obvious there. What would be interesting is if people sent in songs and if we could convince anyone famous to take part too, unless people would rather it be a boards-only thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement