Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interior Designer - opinions wanted....

• 25-11-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We (myself and my wife) are building a house in Westmeath and we're wondering if we should employ an interior designer.

We don't really know where to start looking, and we may end up doing all the interiors ourselves, but we reckon it's worth finding out what an interior designer might be able to do for us, and what ballpark figure we should pay.

It's not that we want anything particularly fancy, but it would be great if we could hear people's opinions on this and any recommendations they might have.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Anyone daft enough to start advertising their services on this post, just dont ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

*spam*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

What type of style do you like? What is your building like? I'll do it for FREEEE!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

sueme wrote: »
    What type of style do you like? What is your building like? I'll do it for FREEEE!

Fair play to you Sueme! Maybe a return to times gone and you could barter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

??? Am I missing something here ?

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »

Someone offered you a free service!! :P

Cool !!

Sueme - any advice you could offer would be great !

What do you need from me ?

deadl0ck wrote: »

Lol. Don't panic!

I don't mind helping you (online - I'm not, like, getting up!) with some ideas and sourcing. I'm not qualified, but I've worked in this area for a long time and I love it. :) I'm a homewares buyer so should be able to point you in the right direction.

I enjoy it so its no hassle if you want some help. :)

Fantastic - I really appreciate the offer !

For a start I can PM you some details of the house...

Oh hi, your online! Just let me know the basics, what type of house (terrace, cottage etc), what kind of style you like (contemporary, classic, cosy, clean lines.. any words you think suit you and whoever else is living there), what rooms you have, rough budget (higher, middle or lower end), what standard of quality you want for your budget. For a start!

Mods you might prefer this was moved to PM? Let us know, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Hi

I can recommend an excellent interior designer with brilliant references - pm me for full details.

Thanks

sueme wrote: »
    Oh hi, your online! Just let me know the basics, what type of house (terrace, cottage etc), what kind of style you like (contemporary, classic, cosy, clean lines.. any words you think suit you and whoever else is living there), what rooms you have, rough budget (higher, middle or lower end), what standard of quality you want for your budget. For a start!

Mods you might prefer this was moved to PM? Let us know, thanks.

Sueme - I dont mind to be honest. If you think it would benefit the users here then fire away, a few pointers on Do's and Dont's I am sure, but if you prefer PM's specific to the OP then that is fine.

Thanks

Thanks ALFIET, but I'm going to work with Sueme for now :)

Advertisement