Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Smoke Alarm Beeping!

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi, live in the grove and one of the smoke alarms in the house is beeping. They are electric but it sounds like its battery operated and the battery is gone! Just wondering what to do with it. Its not beeping all the time, if it was Id have ripped it out of the ceiling!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Hi there if its the same as mine it contains a back up battery 9v rectangular one .It 's in a small compartment on the side of it on mine .The drawer pulls out ,disconnect and replace the battery and push it back in .The drawer might be a bit stiff from lack of use .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Don't buy a cheap one. The smoke alarms use more energy than you think, you'll just end up replacing it as quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stan90

thanks a mill ;))))):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Stan90

Hi again. I tried to take out battery and it says not to until the electricity is disconnected!!!! sounds major to me! Also the battery appears to be in the back f the alarm where the wires come out.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

knock off the trip switch that feeds the smoke alarm before removing battery. Hopefully the trips are marked as to which circuit they feed

• Advertisement
Advertisement