Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to the airport earlyish?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

I have to catch a 07:05 Ryanair flight on Thursday morning. I'm coming from the Milltown area and I'm not at all sure what the best way of getting there with a comfortable amount of time to spare is.

I believe that the airport can and usually is busy at that time and that the new Ryanair terminal is about a 30 minute walk from the security check so even with online check in I presume I'd want to be there about 90mins before the departure time?

The Luas starts at 5:30 which I'd say is too late even though the 747 goes from 5:15, which would probably be just about ok.

Thinking of just getting a taxi, does anyone know what that is likely to set me back?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If you could get over to the Stillorgan Road you could get Aircoach. They run a 24hrs service..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

There is usually a big q to the security at that time. The walk isn't really 30 mins, maybe 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Thanks.

I think I'd always assumed the aircoach was the 747. I looked it up and it stops on the Donnybrook Road which is a short walk for me. I'll have to keep my eye out for the Ever Ready garage tomorrow.

I was wondering if the walk could really be 30 minutes, you can walk a long way in 30 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

humbert wrote: »
    I think I'd always assumed the aircoach was the 747
    747 is Dublin Bus!

PS - the Aircoach times are approximate. The buses leave the airport and do one continuous loop back to the airport so times can vary a bit according to traffic etc. In saying that, they should be fairly accurate early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I only saw frequency mentioned on the website but they have a pretty funky real-time location page so assuming the 45 mins from the stop to the airport is reasonable I should be in business.

It's actually I pretty good looking service. Presume it's private!

P.S. I knew the 747 was dublin bus but I thought the hiked prices warranted a special name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

humbert wrote: »
    Thanks.

I think I'd always assumed the aircoach was the 747. I looked it up and it stops on the Donnybrook Road which is a short walk for me. I'll have to keep my eye out for the Ever Ready garage tomorrow.

I was wondering if the walk could really be 30 minutes, you can walk a long way in 30 minutes!

Aircoach works fine for me, and the 'Ever Ready Garage' (old name so you won't see any signs, still a petrol station though) is a great spot for it because it's actually on the Ballsbridge AND Leopardstown routes so the buses are pretty frequent.

The stop is actually opposite the rugby stadium in Donnybrook, ya can't miss it.

Advertisement