Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise please!!!

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

im in my job 3 years it is a family run business and recently the daughter has taken over and we never got on like if the secuirty cameras broke she would nearly accuse you of breaking them !! it is only really me and 4 other people who she is rude to she has no manners and speak to me like im something she just walked in!!! but to get to the point sales are down and my department is the only one really making money and today she said that our jobs were on the line??and it is nothing to do with sales appertently we dont work as a team with the other members of staff which is bull i personally get along great with everyone which is half the reason why im stiil there !! anyways anybody got any suggestions as to how i can approach her ?? dont mean to rant on but for example if something goes wrong on the day i am not in and have nothing to do with i will still get it in the neck !!which in my opinion is unfair !!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ps i do realise im lucky to have a job at the moment just unfortunate that im no longer happy !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

are you in a position of authority of any kind? would you be considered a senior member of staff?

you should have a grevance procedure in place for this kind of thing but you need hard proof in your diary of what when where and conversation made.

Knowing you are a small workforce she is probably the next in the chain of command? if there is anyone above her or directly above you, you should air your grevance to them.

Better yet go to her directly. She cannot fire you for it and she might be just throwing her weight around as the new boss and she doesnt realise she is over stepping the mark.

Make sure you record everything said and done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Each company is supposed to have a Grievance/ Problem Resolution Problem and it should be clearly communicated to staff. Get this read it and effect it.
    Problem is she is the owners daughter which makes things difficult and these are diff times we live in so only you can make the decision as to how to proceed but you are entitled to pursue a grievance even informally through the channels mentioned.
    If sales are down ina company, it is sometimes depts that seem to have no direct link to sales that are targeted for redundancies though...

Advertisement