Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larping?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

wtf? yes wtf indeed

Someone mentioned it a few weeks back since the anime and manga convention was going to go ahead in DCU.

hoped/thought it was some crude sex act but was told not to google or youtube it. Alas i youtubed it and well found out it stood for Live Action Role Playing.

First video that showed up was the one im about to post. I laughed a lot.

fúckin losers
    lightning bolt dude *facepalm*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

<SteveC snip>

wtf??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i think the guy screaming lightning bolt, dressed as a woman and flingin used up bog roll at the big green thing certainly is. musta had some evil care assistant piss him off :pac: not me, i swear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

The girl clapping at the end made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"loaf, loaf, loaf, loaf!"

northside larping :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not as funny as I'd hoped tbh. But WTF? "lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt lightening bolt " - shut up already .. I'd have just whacked him with the stick !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Its so sad its funny really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Let's go along and "egg! egg! egg! egg!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

A vaguely (drunkenly) remember a show on BBC about this where Dara O Brian went to a camp thing they had in Engerland. It lasted 3 days and everyone stays in character the whole time. How sad.

BTW its time to start a new boards meme

128721344393876814.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightening bolt... aw feck it.
    Kick in the ghoolies, kick in the ghoolies, baseball bat, baseball bat, baseball bat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

pop down to St. Annes park in Raheny on a sunday morning and see all this silly fcukers running around in full costume...

• Advertisement

splinter wrote: »
    pop down to St. Annes park in Raheny on a sunday morning and see all this silly fcukers running around in full costume...

lolocaust field trip time? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

and people say there are no side effects of teh ghey...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Really? I live near there. Are you telling em that I'm wasting my Sunday mornings in bed when I could be making these peoples life miserable?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Lightning Bolt!

That's the Taser debate on the Emergency Services forum sorted, thanks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

Really? I live near there. Are you telling em that I'm wasting my Sunday mornings in bed when I could be making these peoples life miserable?

Yup there's even a section on boards for role playing where they all get together and throw bog roll at each other!! I've just posted a link to this thread in the role playing forum :D

Geek central Role playing Forum

*popcorn anyone???*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Not all larping involves rubber weapons, there are politcal ones which can be very interesting and Camerilla Ireland is doing pretty well atm.

Yes it's cow boys and Indians for grown up, but it's no more daft then those who larp with airsoft guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes it's cow boys and Indians for grown up, but it's no more daft then those who larp with airsoft guns.
    You said it!

Not really, airsoft is just shooting people with safety,

LARPing is just gimpery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Are you sure they're not airsoft types?...you know, guys dressing up in camo, with toy guns, playing 'armies'... :rolleyes: Sad, but not quite as sad as the stuff in the OP :D

• Advertisement

larp.jpg

yup the trees between the duckpond and the football pitches about 11am on sunday mornings, been a while since iv been up that early but thats where i saw them running around

larping.jpg

yup the trees between the duckpond and the football pitches about 11am on sunday mornings, been a while since iv been up that early but thats where i saw them running around

and what of it ?
    Most of them are pretty fit as the armour and chainmail they wear is real
    most of them have MA training as well as staff and weapons training.

It's not like they are putting holes in their ears and mutilating themselves for fun.
    *Stares at Will*

and what of it ?
    Most of them are pretty fit as the armour and chainmail they wear is real
    most of them have MA training as well as staff and weapons training.
    nout, he asked where its on. i have 2 friends that do it and enjoy it very much

and what of it ?

Eh they need to get laid???

Homer wrote: »
    Eh they need to get laid???
    the harsh truth is... most of em probably get laid that all the keyboard warriors out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/maelstrom-lrp-promotional-video/774086732

There are week long larps that run in Denmark and other countries it's a lot more common then people think.

Larpers for the most part at least do have socails skills and can interact in many different situations until most nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The main problem with LARP is that it's not considered 'cool' and unless you have a good understanding of how fantasy roleplaying games work, it just looks ridiculous and weird. I'm a long-time roleplayer myself and love roleplaying but never tried LARP.

At least the airsoft types (LARPs in their own right) get to use 'cool' looking equipment and wear 'cool' looking outfits. Most people also can easily get the point of what Airsofters are trying to do but at the end of the day it's just another form of LARP no matter what they try to tell you! :P

Advertisement