Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS eCollage

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Any recommended the CompTIA A+ 2006 and the CompTIA Network+ course on FAS eCollage... Is it worthwhile, recognised in the industry? I'm also doing a Biz system service technician in FAS. The plan in finish all 3 courses and go for mcse too. Will I be employable even thou I’ve no work experience apart from my 4years working full time and my B.S.S.T work-experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Depending on your level of IT prof, you could do it with a book which would be cheaper.. but then again 120 quid aint that expensive

A+/N+ would be entry level certs, mainly for those front line folks on helpdesk L1 etc.. its a good start and wiill get you in the door somewhere ...

MCSE is getting old now, you should be looking at MCITP Server Admin or Enterprise Admin on 2008, tho there will be a lot of places that will want/need 2003 admins on staff.

Honestly, a cert without experience is only just above no experience but at least it shows you have the drive and determination to get the certs and that might give you the edge when trying to break into the market.

It wont make you instantly employable but it will make you more attractive to the opposite sex i mean employer!

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

Do you know what books i need for these exams MCITP Server Admin or Enterprise Admin on 2008? I'm good studying at home so i might give the books a go and if i cant understand i'll sign up for classes..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

Kingser wrote: »
    Do you know what books i need for these exams MCITP Server Admin or Enterprise Admin on 2008? I'm good studying at home so i might give the books a go and if i cant understand i'll sign up for classes..quote]also do u know where i can get the exam??[/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tamarama

Has anyone experience of the project Management non cert course and would it be worth consideration?
    Also has anyone done the Advance diploma in Project management with CMIT E Learning course ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pauliwalnuts

If you want to do Project Management & are looking to be taken seriously then you need to be PMP certified. Don't bother with some college course.
    Go to www.pmi.org for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Is it worth doing this , only asking as have all revelant cbt nuggets was looking to do CCNA only ,trainsignal etc.Out of work at the moment, and see that exams are free.Checked it out this morning after signing on and TBH the guy was a right pr1ck (nothing new etc)...He told me to come back tomorrow and then possibly wait until the afternoon for an appointment...Anyone have any experience of this..Thinking that I'd rather pay than go through this again..Tks...

Advertisement