Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Galway City Petrol prices

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with Galway citys petrol prices. I worked in Galway for 2 years and went back to Dublin 18 months ago and always noticed the price a bit higher than anywhere else. On route down to Galway I stopped at Ballinasloe and the price was 99.9 Litre which I pulled in and filled up. On arrival to Galway City I passed 2 petrol stations 107.9 and 108.9.

Is there something special about Galway City Petrol :rolleyes: Maybe theres a shortage of Cryptosperidium:pac: There was home heating oil price fixing exposed a while back

Comments

Whats the story with Galway citys petrol prices. I worked in Galway for 2 years and went back to Dublin 18 months ago and always noticed the price a bit higher than anywhere else. On route down to Galway I stopped at Ballinasloe and the price was 99.9 Litre which I pulled in and fill up. On arrival to Galway City I passed 2 petrol station 107.9 and 108.9.

Is there something special about Galway City Petrol :rolleyes: Maybe theres a shortage of Cryptosperidium:pac: There was home heating oil price fixing expose a while back

I cannot come up with a reason for this either though pack of gangsters come to mind. The cheapest petrol in the city is always about 5 or 6 cent more than what can be got out around the county(except that disaster of a station in Claregalway which is a disgrace) never mind the rest of the country even say 109.9 in Salthill today. I have stopped buying anything in the petrol station shops even in the city cos I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of giving them my money. Luckily I live 2 miles from one of the cheapest stations in the county 103.9 when I was there last an im expecting them to be down to the 99.9 mark very soon and this station only sells fuel no shop or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Ballinasloe has alway been cheap, The City petrol stations have always taken the piss I reckon their price fixing TBH.

There must be some sort of agreement going on as not one of the stations will stick there neck out and sell petrol at a fair price. Not only are the stations expensive they are all within a 2 or 3 cents of each other. Which as you said op stinks of price fixing.

Yes I have noticed that about Ballinasloe when Ive passed through.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They probably saw you coming OP :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

can we all collectively complain to the competition authority!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Its the lead in the Pipes that makes it dearer :D

yop wrote: »

Yep thats the one I was referring to in my first post!
    They probably saw you coming OP :P

I NEVER fill up in Galway City ;)

I NEVER fill up in Galway City ;)

Did they catch you out already:P

futura123 wrote: »
    can we all collectively complain to the competition authority!!!?

We probably can but they wouldn't listen!!

• Advertisement

Did they catch you out already:P

You live there for 2 years you can't avoid using them! Sometimes I was running on fumes because I didn't want to give them my money. (As I worked all over connaught!)

Galway City BS Pricing: Diesel 109.9 Petrol 108.9 Texaco Kellehers Salthill

Ballinasloe: Texaco, Corrib Oil and Topaz 99.9 for both

You live there for 2 years you can't avoid using them! Sometimes I was running on fumes because I didn't want to give them my money.

Lol, reminds me of the night of the 8c tax added on. The brother and his friend were waiting in the huge que for 1.15.9. His friends suggested that they go up to the next one as it was fairly empty. In goes 40 yo yo's and he looks the the price, 1.23.9 haha...

No complaining to be done, he did get the petrol put in for him lol.

You live there for 2 years you can't avoid using them! Sometimes I was running on fumes because I didn't want to give them my money. (As I worked all over connaught!)

Even compared with the cheapest fuel in the city, which I think is 105.9 for both at the new Texaco station on the docks, there is a big difference.

Advertisement