Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STREET FIGHTER HD REMIX

Options
  • 25-11-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Its out tomorrow morning,well for the Xbox 360 anyway,for a mere 1200 MS points.(Not much when you consider some of the crap they charge for 800 points.) Do yourself a favour and download this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPX1csIs10E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Its out tomorrow morning,well for the Xbox 360 anyway,for a mere 1200 MS points.(Not much when you consider some of the crap they charge for 800 points.) Do yourself a favour and download this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPX1csIs10E

What's your Gamertag? We should play sometime. I'm getting it in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    What's your Gamertag? We should play sometime. I'm getting it in the morning.

Cool. Its Bushi no Eire. I expect you will be around the top of the Irish leaderboards.I'm gonna' to try make the top five for Ireland.

Cool. Its Bushi no Eire. I expect you will be around the top of the Irish leaderboards.I'm gonna' to try make the top five for Ireland.

Haha of the few who play it, yeah. I'll add you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

il be top 1
    i didnt know there was country leader boards? just new to xbox

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Please add me! Garak001

Will be getting this later today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Me too, fear my devastating E Honda skills.

farzadq

add only if youre an SF fan, im only good at sf3 but sure practice makes perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Next friday, when I spinning piledriver the last of my essays for college, will be when I get to to play this. Any idea where to get a good arcade stick to save getting blisters on my thumbs?

EDIT:

Two of these bad boys might fit the bill, any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Got this today: It looks and sounds brilliant, but the blimmin' Xbox controller is a wreck the head for the Dragon Punch, and you can forget Kens Super Dragon Punch ... Unless you get it by Accident, that is.

I still love it, though. Well worth the money... I can't believe how much money I've spent on the Street Fighter II Franchise over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Ye bought it earlier. Still trying to get use to the dpad on the 360 controller. Might have to invest in a stick.

I do think that 1200 points was a bit much though! It should have been 800 max.

• Advertisement

franman wrote: »
    Ye bought it earlier. Still trying to get use to the dpad on the 360 controller. Might have to invest in a stick.

Seriously? I think 1200 is dirt cheap. I was expecting 1600. Consider SFII HF was 800 this is great value. Of course a hardcore SF fan such as myself would pay 100 Euro for this as would many others.

Placebo wrote: »
    il be top 1
    i didnt know there was country leader boards? just new to xbox

After all that there are no national leaderboards just international.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Seriously? I think 1200 is dirt cheap. I was expecting 1600. Consider SFII HF was 800 this is great value. Of course a hardcore SF fan such as myself would pay 100 Euro for this as would many others.

I just think if they had released it on time a few months ago it would have been 800 points. Wasnt it meant to be originally released last April?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just think if they had released it on time a few months ago it would have been 800 points. Wasnt it meant to be originally released last April?
    Are you trying to fool me?

Its not a bit much at all, all those sprites are drawn from scratch by udon, on top of that its got 2 modes, theve left the original integrity of sf2 for competition nerds and even added new one for us with new moves.

Heads-up to anyone who wants to be the best (THE BEEE--EST! NOTHING'S GONNA EVER KEEP YOU DOWN!) -- David Sirlin has released a whole sub-site for SFII:HDRemix:
    http://sirlin.net/sf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

God, I only bought SF2 HF on the wii there a few months back. I'm itching to pick this up now as well. It looks pretty sweet. Could lose alot of time to SF2 all over again!

Yeah, it was supposed to be released about the same time as Puzzle Fighter HD but it kept on getting delayed.

just got it, i dunno hmmmmm, maybe im too used to sf3
    also could be the absolute shame of a controller.

GGS to the Witch....his cammy is sh*t hot.

• Advertisement

GGS to the Witch....his cammy is sh*t hot.

Thanks Bushi. :)

Did you abuse QCF+P now that it comes out right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Got it tonight. I'm really rusty at this game. Been having trouble connecting to online games. When I do a quick match or search it won't connect but if I host, I eventually get a player. Had 5 or 6 matches and in every one I was fighting Ken. And every match has gone to at least round 5. I think in the default mode you have to win by a gap of two rounds??

My gamer tag is wayne040576. I think I need a bit of practice to get back up to speed.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did you abuse QCF+P now that it comes out right? :D

Lol, no of course not. I didn't need to. Used it when appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Bought it earlier. Quit after 10 minutes. I've never played anything more frustrating in my life. What a god awful controller to play SF with. I knew it'd be bad, but not this bad.

I heard awhile ago they were releasing a special edition controller with improved dpad, but read a couple of reviews which said it was pretty much the same.

How infruiating and disapointing.

Jim wrote: »
    Bought it earlier. Quit after 10 minutes. I've never played anything more frustrating in my life. What a god awful controller to play SF with. I knew it'd be bad, but not this bad.

I heard awhile ago they were releasing a special edition controller with improved dpad, but read a couple of reviews which said it was pretty much the same.

How infruiating and disapointing.

Xbox Dpad sucks allright but it does'nt render the game unplayable. Why invest in a Hori arcade stick from PlayAsia.com I got one and its perfect for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

****ing conrtoller ruins this game, and using anyone other than Ken/Ryu is next to ****ing impossible. Waste of money. Pretty just HF with nicer graphics.

I'm having little no problems with the d-pad tbh.

Absolutely brilliant game with lots of people to play against. Had a very nice 18-1 streak going last night but then decided to get that achievement where you have to win with all 17 characters in a ranked match. Dhalsim was a tough one, but did it in the end. It's surprising how much you remember...haven't played with some of those characters in an age!

My only gripe is
    Akuma
    as the
    secret
    boss...ffs how are you supposed to deal with
    standing fierce/shoryuken
    that takes 90% of your life???

Witch, I saw that you beat him...any pointers?

Got it tonight. I'm really rusty at this game. Been having trouble connecting to online games. When I do a quick match or search it won't connect but if I host, I eventually get a player. Had 5 or 6 matches and in every one I was fighting Ken. And every match has gone to at least round 5. I think in the default mode you have to win by a gap of two rounds??

My gamer tag is wayne040576. I think I need a bit of practice to get back up to speed.

You're better off to use the "create match" option. You'll get a game in 10-15 seconds 95% of the time.

Online games are "best of 5".

I'll add you for a few games :)

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote:
    ****ing conrtoller ruins this game, and using anyone other than Ken/Ryu is next to ****ing impossible. Waste of money. Pretty just HF with nicer graphics.
    HF didn't have Supers!

Or rebalanced moves.
    Or bug fixes.
    Or proper netcode ;)

BTW, hearing from the 2DF chatroom but does XBL have lots of quitters?

Advertisement