Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STREET FIGHTER HD REMIX

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Well, the game still kicks my ass. I'm gonna have to get a different controller though, it's almost unplayable at the moment. Might wait for the SFIV ones.

It does look damn good though, and all the extra settings are cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    HF didn't have Supers!

Or rebalanced moves.
    Or bug fixes.
    Or proper netcode ;)

BTW, hearing from the 2DF chatroom but does XBL have lots of quitters?

I played about 60 games last night and I had 1 guy quit on me. His name is Mr UltraBison (or something very similar). All he does is Psycho Crusher after Psycho Crusher. He was 2 rounds up until I decided to just keep jumping and kicking him out of the move. Came back and won 3 rounds to 2, but he quit right after he lost so he wouldn't get the result on his record.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thatS XBL for you,theres gonna be loads of dropping saps, there was a huge amount in SF3 , just to avoid any losses and a nice place on the leaderboard.

im not too happy with the match finder interface

Placebo wrote: »
    thatS XBL for you,theres gonna be loads of dropping saps, there was a huge amount in SF3 , just to avoid any losses and a nice place on the leaderboard.

im not too happy with the match finder interface

For a one-on-one online game, 1 quit from 60 is an excellent rate imo. When I play Fifa, it's about 50% and about 80% when the player is taking a beating.

give it time, youll get your droppers, then again its just an arcade game, wait for sf4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nice to hear this finally came out. Pity they didnt release it on the best possible platform for the game (PC :p) They shoulda slapped it up on steam.

A 7 euro game pad from gamestop would be better then the 360 pad for this game.

I feel for yea, Jim! You should get on 2df till you can get a pad that works for the 360, to satisfy your SF needs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

So any other plebs who don't have an xbox/ps3 up for some games of original (non noob) ST on ggpo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm having little no problems with the d-pad tbh.

Absolutely brilliant game with lots of people to play against. Had a very nice 18-1 streak going last night but then decided to get that achievement where you have to win with all 17 characters in a ranked match. Dhalsim was a tough one, but did it in the end. It's surprising how much you remember...haven't played with some of those characters in an age!

My only gripe is
    Akuma
    as the
    secret
    boss...ffs how are you supposed to deal with
    standing fierce/shoryuken
    that takes 90% of your life???

Witch, I saw that you beat him...any pointers?

Lol, I had a 30 streak and lost twice in ranked.

Emmm, pointers for Akuma. I used Cammy to beat him. Basically, don't jump, EVER. He will punish with his hurricane kick and dragon punch follow up which does ALOT of damage and then may lead to dizzy if he hits you again. I just blocked his fireballs, waited for him to whiff his DP and grabbed him, and used Hooligan when i had to.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    HF didn't have Supers!

Or rebalanced moves.
    Or bug fixes.
    Or proper netcode ;)

BTW, hearing from the 2DF chatroom but does XBL have lots of quitters?

All I can say is, HF is trash.

2 hit dizzys.. wtf?

Ticks that are ridiculous to reverse.

No throw softening.

Damage was just too much in that game.

0ubliette wrote: »
    ****ing conrtoller ruins this game, and using anyone other than Ken/Ryu is next to ****ing impossible. Waste of money. Pretty just HF with nicer graphics.

How you can't use charge chars on d-pad is beyond me...

• Advertisement

Next friday, when I spinning piledriver the last of my essays for college, will be when I get to to play this. Any idea where to get a good arcade stick to save getting blisters on my thumbs?

EDIT:

Two of these bad boys might fit the bill, any comments?

I have that stick, I used it for a year and then got so annoyed with it and changed to a HRAP. So much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Nice to hear this finally came out. Pity they didnt release it on the best possible platform for the game (PC :p) They shoulda slapped it up on steam.

A 7 euro game pad from gamestop would be better then the 360 pad for this game.

I feel for yea, Jim! You should get on 2df till you can get a pad that works for the 360, to satisfy your SF needs :p
    But SF2HD looks so pretty :/ Ken actually looks pretty awful in it imo, but otherwise its great.

Gonna give it another go tonight and try not to rip the dpad off with my teeth.

Yeah, I don't like the look of ryu and ken in SFIV either myself...

Anyway man, there will be proper fighting pads out for ps3 and 360 in the new year http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_vg?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Street+Fighter+IV+MadCatz&x=0&y=0

in the mean time, hopefully that dickmcsavage fella will host a HD remix session in his gaf some time, at least ps3 pads work :p.

**edit**

Theres also this: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/p3600v2.htm which the guy whos behind the SFIV pads and sticks (markman) told me about in this thread : http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=167312

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

TheWitch06 wrote: »

lol_wut.jpg

Lol, I had a 30 streak and lost twice in ranked.

Emmm, pointers for Akuma. I used Cammy to beat him. Basically, don't jump, EVER. He will punish with his hurricane kick and dragon punch follow up which does ALOT of damage and then may lead to dizzy if he hits you again. I just blocked his fireballs, waited for him to whiff his DP and grabbed him, and used Hooligan when i had to.

Yeah I realised that a defensive style is more effective, but even blocking his moves does damage...I'm going to try beating him again tonight. I wish there were more achievents for the game :(

So its only out on the 360 it seems? Told my mate it was out and he went home looking forward to playing it only to find out its delayed for what seems to be a week on PSN EU, for some reason.

It would seem poor EU sony users get constantly screwed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

argh i cant decide if i want to buy this now for the 360 or wait til next week for the ps3

how does the 360 d-pad hold up? it was pretty dreadful for the original sf2

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I have that stick, I used it for a year and then got so annoyed with it and changed to a HRAP. So much better.

Sorry to sound ignorant but what is HRAP and where can I get one? Also what issues did you have?

i have a hrap 2 but its for ps2, how do i get it to work with 360

hrap = hori pro arcade stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I was thinking the same myself. As soon as I moved to the charge characters last night I started winning easily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I see a lot of people complaining about the d-pad. Can you use the analogue stick?
    If so, what's wrong with it? If not, why not?

Seifer wrote: »
    I see a lot of people complaining about the d-pad. Can you use the analogue stick?

You can use it if you want. I was alternating between the two. It's a bit too spongy for a game like this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

analog sticks are rubbish for beat em ups imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Analogue stick is even worse than the d-pad from hell designed by MS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Helix wrote: »
    argh i cant decide if i want to buy this now for the 360 or wait til next week for the ps3

how does the 360 d-pad hold up? it was pretty dreadful for the original sf2

The d-pad for the 360 is turly dreadful for this game but the PS d-pad is almost as bad. I'll be getting it for the 360 becasue when I do pick up some hori joysticks I'll also be able to use them with the emulators on my PC.

ggs to The Witch last night. After some close Ryu v Cammy/Chun-Li games (3-2 to the Witch iifc), we both relaxed and played other characters. It was great fun to randomly pick and play characters I hadn't played in some time.

There was one game there towards the end that I looked like I conceded from the start...just to explain...in the first round, I was stuck typing a message to you for most of the round, which we barely played and I won pretty much by default. So I let you get a round back :)

I don't think there is a character in the game you are not good at! Your Cammy is one of the best I have ever played :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm in the middle of attempting to get my HRAP ver1 (PS2) working with Xbox 360.

Will post after the weekend, when I get some time in the shed to work on it.

I was thinking of getting one of those hori EX 2 sticks for the 360. Are they any good or is there a better one I should look at?

is there any xbox to xbox 360 or ps2 to 360 controllers?

i have a hrap2, dont wanna change the pcb, waste of money and stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    is there any xbox to xbox 360 or ps2 to 360 controllers?

i have a hrap2, dont wanna change the pcb, waste of money and stick
    Short answers:
    1. No.
    2. Yes, but it costs like 100 euro.
    As for HRAPs, all I'll say is... there's a LOT of space inside ;)

Advertisement