Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STREET FIGHTER HD REMIX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah but i dont wanna take out the pcb that exists in it, i suppose i cud just get 360 to pc for ggpo and what not BUT 50 euros on an xbox controller then to take apart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The d-pad for the 360 is turly dreadful for this game but the PS d-pad is almost as bad. I'll be getting it for the 360 becasue when I do pick up some hori joysticks I'll also be able to use them with the emulators on my PC.

I know you h8 the ps D-pad but its leagues ahead of the 360 pad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actually, I'm experimenting with splitting the signal to go to both PS2 & X360*, so I don't have to rip the PCB out.

Not working fully, or even at all, right now, but I'm sure with a bit of hackery...

*I'm using a Madcatz PCB btw, they're nice & cheap.

let me know how it goes.

Good games to xwitchx, destroyed me, totally cant pplay with xbox pad but on top i was never good at sf2 , those random jumps were me trying to do supers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Placebo wrote: »
    let me know how it goes.

Good games to xwitchx, destroyed me, totally cant pplay with xbox pad but on top i was never good at sf2 , those random jumps were me trying to do supers :(

Good games, I was wondering why you were jumping in ALOT. Hopefully you get a stick. Xbox controller sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

do the US versions of the hori ex2 work on a pal 360?

ntlbell wrote: »
    do the US versions of the hori ex2 work on a pal 360?

Yep :) I got a US version of the stick last year and it was fine.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Yep :) I got a US version of the stick last year and it was fine.

excellent! is there much weight in them?

ntlbell wrote: »
    excellent! is there much weight in them?

They're really light. Nothing in them at all, really small too.

If you're getting a Hori EX2, get the SCIV stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I played again last night. Why do people quit the lobby as soon as they loose a match? I came up against a pretty good player last night and lost 11 in a row (It's the only way I'll learn). I've been using computer controlled Akuma in training to see if I'll improve but I just can't get used to the d pad. I actually found myself using the analogue stick more.

I thought the SCIV hori stick was the exact same as the regular EX2 in terms of the tech, just with a customised case?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I know you h8 the ps D-pad but its leagues ahead of the 360 pad man.

Still useless though fro street fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Snes and Megadrive pads were great for street fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Snes and Megadrive pads were great for street fighter.

I haven't used a better pad since my snes days. Purchased a hori ex 2 from an amazon 3rd party seller.

HRAP2SASanwa.jpg

best thing since sliced bread
    if anyone wants some SF3 games on GGPO tom, hola.

I think i have a decent chun at this stage, i have not played in ages though.

Placebo wrote: »
    HRAP2SASanwa.jpg

best thing since sliced bread
    if anyone wants some SF3 games on GGPO tom, hola.

I think i have a decent chun at this stage, i have not played in ages though.

HRAP's are the best. Everyone should make the change over to stick.

got it tonight i'm so rusty it's unfunny, the dpad didn't annoy me too much in HF but it really got on my nerves tonight very frustrating, time to get a stick

looks _really_ nice tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Completed all achievements on it yesterday (200/200). Hopefully, new achievements will be added like beating the game with every character on hard tc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

From the days of Street fighter alpha (zero), I have honestly never had any trouble with the PS pad for Street Fighter.
    ONly pad that I find insane is the PSP pad

From the days of Street fighter alpha (zero), I have honestly never had any trouble with the PS pad for Street Fighter.
    ONly pad that I find insane is the PSP pad

Same here, I find the PSP d-pad almost impossible to use for SF. That is when I used to use pad anyway.

For you it is. Only people I've seen in rl who had issues with the playstation d-pad were those who grind their thumb along the d-pad back and forth trying to do a fireball, instead of just pressing down -> forward -> punch.

Then these people end up with blisters etc.

I would press down with the middle of my thumb, then forward with the tip, no sliding or grinding involved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I do do that and a quarter of the time it doesn't work. Doing a dragon punch is next to impossible, ending on a diagonal seems to be lok of the draw. Even worse is trying to end a combo with a fireball and instead finishing with a dragon punch because of unresponsive controls which leaves you wide open. You can also completely forget about using Zangief because his best move, spinning piledriver, is a total lottery.

A decent Hori stick or gamepad is the only way to go.

Has to be the way your pressing it, I can do dragon punches all day. spinning piledriver moves however, I simply cannot do on any d-pad consistently. I've not tried a Saturn d-pad yet though, but I always assumed you really just need a stick to play those characters any way decent.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Has to be the way your pressing it, I can do dragon punches all day. spinning piledriver moves however, I simply cannot do on any d-pad consistently. I've not tried a Saturn d-pad yet though, but I always assumed you really just need a stick to play those characters any way decent.

SPD's are fairly easy. They have made them soooo much easier in HD Remix now so everybody can do 'em.

When I did use pad, I could do dragon punches say 95% of the time.

I just takes practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Saturn pad for LIFE.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Is this out on the PSN yet?

Azza wrote: »
    Is this out on the PSN yet?

Maybe tomorrow?

my m8 whos got a PS3 said something about them only releasing new stuff every thursday so yeah maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

doing chun li's super on the dpad is next to impossible. Getting a bit more used to it now but it still sucks. And this is coming from someone who mastered SF2 with the 3 button mega drive controller!! (you had to press start to switch between punches/kicks...and it meant you had no pause button :D )

XFPS 360 allows ps2 to 360 , not sure how well it works
    40gbp aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Any signs of a ps3 release for this yet?

Advertisement