Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair Prepay mastercard with 12 free flights

• 25-11-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

http://www.ryanairprepay.com/

Here's a great offer.

A prepay credit card, only you get 12 free flights when you sign up for it (€85) Load up the card & use it as a credit card

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Meh,

In availing of your 12 free flights, you still must pay taxes and charges.

Might as well wait for their normal free flight offers and save the €85 membership fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Never mind the free flights. Can I avoid the credit card charge with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Looks great in theory especially how it works exactly like a normal Mastercard in shops etc.

I got as far as them looking for my Driving License or Passport details in the application - I'm gonna wait til I hear some feedback first before I go filling out all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

whats the apr ?

and can i avoid the tax ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BendiBus wrote: »

Still charges €10 for the ryanair mastercard like all others on a return flight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

rom wrote: »
    whats the apr ?

It's a truly horrible website. But anyway.

It's €85 a year for membership (this includes €10 Irish Stamp duty it says), not just to signup. Well, there ends my interest in it.

Here's the T&C and other info attached (from their website).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

rom wrote: »
    whats the apr ?

Why would there be APR on a prepaid card? They're not lending you money.

Stupid site keeps crashing my browser and wont let me register keeps asking for passport and driving licence details and doesn't accept them when I put them in.

Looks like a reasonably good alternative to the very restrictive 3V card (no physical card, online purchases only, charges for everything can only have a balance of €350)
    The €85 fee is payable every year though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

BendiBus wrote: »

yes you can sir !!!!

http://bargainsireland.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/avoid-the-credit-card-charge-when-booking-with-ryanair/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

DaftDave - thats worthy of a thread on its own! The only thing to be aware of is the 4.95% commission they charge - If a Ryanair flight is €100 or more (including taxes and baggage), you would be better off using your regular CC.

Definitely a hot tip if you can find a cheap flight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

homer911 wrote: »
    DaftDave - thats worthy of a thread on its own! The only thing to be aware of is the 4.95% commission they charge - If a Ryanair flight is €100 or more (including taxes and baggage), you would be better off using your regular CC.

Definitely a hot tip if you can find a cheap flight!

Brilliant for those free flight offers, return for 2 cent instead of 10.02! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

daftdave wrote: »

Thats a great tip...

€85 a year... www.wirecard.com is a much better option, far better than 3v too...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭askU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Be very careful with these 'free flights'. I have a Ryanair Visa here are the catches.
    1) They dont cover all airports for example Faro and others are excluded
    2) You cant fly in June/July (or July/Aug I Cant remember exactly).
    3) You have to ring them up and they will say x flight is full sorry. When you say its not full I have the website open here they say yes but only certain seats are available. So you can never get on most flights as you dont know what criteria they use to decide what is 'available'.
    4) Still pay taxes and charges.
    5) Cant change name or date on flight.

So in 2.5 years of having loads of free flights I have never used ONE. Its a sham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

unklerosco wrote: »
    Thats a great tip...

€85 a year... www.wirecard.com is a much better option, far better than 3v too...

what do you mean by €85 a year ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How is a prepaid card that charges you €85 a year to have it a bargain alert?

The twelve free flights can usually be got for free if you avail of their offers from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

Can i ask is that the UK prepaid mastercard or the Republic?
    I'm asking cos i went on the payzone site tried to register but wouldn't let me,Also says its 6euro.

Kate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

get the wirecard, its free to get just a number or you can pay 29.90 and get a plastic card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Can i ask is that the UK prepaid mastercard or the Republic?
    I'm asking cos i went on the payzone site tried to register but wouldn't let me,Also says its 6euro.

Kate

The Payzone prepaid mastercard is suppose to be launching in Ireland this month and operated like the 3v card, you go into a retailer with a load card and they swipe it and it loads up to your mastercard. They have different levels of top up depending on whether your registered or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Great tip on entropay.. Now to get myself one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Got the Entropay before xmas and with 3 trips booked saved over €100

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

I really want one of these ryanair cards,

Apart from the annual fee which I dont see as that bad value, what other charges are there? (The Ts& C's dont seem to be available!)
    Is there anything i am missing?

Are there any alernatives that allow you to have a physical card and pay into REPUBLIC Of IRELAND postoffices?

kind Regards

Advertisement